Re: [NTB] Runtime Error

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi Alec & Charles,

      Try ESC instead of OK. The only time I have experienced NoteTab
      with the error below is when I am extremely low on resources.
      See if a reboot helps and if not send all the information you can
      to Jody@... TIA

      > > Well, here's what happened. I'd opened up Help and was
      > > searching for stuff, but it didn't leave an icon in the taskbar
      > > or anything, so I forgot it was open. I closed NoteTab (Pro
      > > 4.86/np), and I then closed help (while NT was still closing),
      > > and I got an error about a parent window missing. I thought
      > > nothing of it. Now I have a 'popup' on my screen. Title bar
      > > says 'Error', and the text is 'Runtime error 216 at 0003B992'
      > > and an 'OK' button. I press the OK button, and another one pops
      > > up. And another. And another.
      > > etcetc.
      > > Whoah. I just did a bunch of rapid-succession clicking on 'OK'
      > > and it finally went away. I'm pretty sure this was NoteTab,
      > > and I think something like this popped up before on the list?
      > >
      >Using Win98 (same version as you) I get exactly the same symptoms
      >as you almost ANY time I cliose a Notetab window when the
      >resources are below about 15%. (I tend to run with a lot of crap
      >in my SysTray)

      >If you just leave the secondary '[ERROR]' box alone for a minute
      >or so and THEN click it once, it seems to avoid the endless
      >repetition. I suspect this situation isn't going to get resolved
      >until we all go to WinXP. (Eric-Jody (?) - have I got this
      >basically right?)

    • Charles
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
        > Hi Alec & Charles,
        >
        > Try ESC instead of OK. The only time I have experienced NoteTab
        > with the error below is when I am extremely low on resources.
        > See if a reboot helps and if not send all the information you can
        > to Jody@... TIA
        I've tried ctrl-alt-del too. Pretty sure I did ESC.. :/ I don't recall.
        It's rather quite rare that I encounter it. And yeah, if I can't get it to
        go away, a reboot fixes everything. Oh well. We're getting more RAM in
        both of our home machines soon anyways... wheee! ;)

        --Charles

        > > > Well, here's what happened. I'd opened up Help and was
        > > > searching for stuff, but it didn't leave an icon in the taskbar
        > > > or anything, so I forgot it was open. I closed NoteTab (Pro
        > > > 4.86/np), and I then closed help (while NT was still closing),
        > > > and I got an error about a parent window missing. I thought
        > > > nothing of it. Now I have a 'popup' on my screen. Title bar
        > > > says 'Error', and the text is 'Runtime error 216 at 0003B992'
        > > > and an 'OK' button. I press the OK button, and another one pops
        > > > up. And another. And another.
        > > > etcetc.
        > > > Whoah. I just did a bunch of rapid-succession clicking on 'OK'
        > > > and it finally went away. I'm pretty sure this was NoteTab,
        > > > and I think something like this popped up before on the list?
        > > >
        > >Using Win98 (same version as you) I get exactly the same symptoms
        > >as you almost ANY time I cliose a Notetab window when the
        > >resources are below about 15%. (I tend to run with a lot of crap
        > >in my SysTray)
        >
        > >If you just leave the secondary '[ERROR]' box alone for a minute
        > >or so and THEN click it once, it seems to avoid the endless
        > >repetition. I suspect this situation isn't going to get resolved
        > >until we all go to WinXP. (Eric-Jody (?) - have I got this
        > >basically right?)
        >

        > Happy NoteTab'n,
        > Jody Adair
        >
        > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        > http://www.notetab.net
        >
        > The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        > mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      • Bob M Brown
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
          Hi,

          Just thought it would be worth pointing out that I have this from time to
          time. It seems to hit me when I do a File/Open and it crashes me right out.
          Sometimes I get the runtime error but I don't get thrown. I'm running
          Win2000 5.00.2195 and Service Pack 2. I'll get as much info as I can next
          time. It normally happens if I've got multiple documents open and I'm
          giving NTB a good workout..

          Cheers,

          - Bob -

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
            Hi Bob & Charles,

            If you would please, post any other messages on this thread to
            the NextRelease list or the OffTopic. (I realize it is on topic
            for NoteTab discussion, but too deep for some and not an issue
            for most on the Basic list.) See my sigline for the NextRelease
            list. You can post suggestions on that list as well as send them
            to feedback@...

            A few other things to check are:

            See if closing the ruler helps if you have it in view. Try
            changing the way you normally close NoteTab such as the Toolbar
            icon instead of the "X" button in the upper right corner. See if
            you have the Snap to feature checked in your mouse options if you
            have a wheel mouse installed.

            FWIW, we often time say NoteTab has an error when in fact if we
            used other programs as much as we do NoteTab, then we would see a
            lot more errors like you are describing. Sometimes, like
            mentioned, it is just a Windows quirk and not much we can do
            about it.

            >Just thought it would be worth pointing out that I have this from
            >time to time. It seems to hit me when I do a File/Open and it
            >crashes me right out. Sometimes I get the runtime error but I
            >don't get thrown. I'm running Win2000 5.00.2195 and Service Pack
            >2. I'll get as much info as I can next time. It normally
            >happens if I've got multiple documents open and I'm giving NTB a
            >good workout..
            >
            >Cheers,
            >
            >- Bob -

            Happy Test'n,