Re: [NTB] Problem: insertion point out-of-sync with cursor position - WinME, 4.83/4.86

  • bjlawrence@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      --- In notetab@y..., "Alec Burgess" <burale@a...> wrote:

      > Bill

      Brad, actually.

      > hitting the control key when I meant to hit the shift key.

      CTRL+arrow moves the insertion point.
      SHFT+arrow creates/modifies a selection.
      ALT+arrow doesn't affect the insertion cursor at all.

      No combination I've tested in NoteTab fails to work as expected in
      WinME (as they did on Win95). Besides, my fingers were never
      anywhere near those keys.

      (There are some programs [or controls] in which ALT+arrow moves the
      cursor on the screen without changing the state of the application
      [leading to situations very like what I am trying to describe] but
      AFAICT NoteTab is not intended to be one of them [and it didn't act
      that way on Win95].)

      BTW: when the problem occurs, the insertion cursor is always where
      it should be based on the keystrokes I've typed; with no warning, the
      changes start appearing at a screen position where the insertion
      cursor has not resided in the current session. I haven't seen any
      pattern to the number of lines/characters between the two locations
      other than the fact that the distance is never negative (that is,
      changes never appear between the insertion cursor and the beginning
      of the file).

      The next time it happens I will be sure to note the line:pos
      indicator to see whether it gives any clue as what is happening. I
      have already tried resizing the window (so that each line contains no
      more than 72 characters) and will try toggling word-wrap off.