Fonts and User Dictionary

  • rbrannon@plix.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2001
      Hello NoteTabbers,
      I'm new to NoteTab and I'm wondering how to add fonts. The font
      dialog box only contains 5 fonts, two of which are True Type. I would
      like to add more True Types but can't figure out how to do it. Seems
      like this should be possible?

      Also, I am wondering how to edit the user dictionary. I have hit the
      add button unintentionally and I want to remove some word fragments.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Rick
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
        Hi Rick,

        >I'm new to NoteTab and I'm wondering how to add fonts. The font
        >dialog box only contains 5 fonts, two of which are True Type. I
        >would like to add more True Types but can't figure out how to do
        >it. Seems like this should be possible?

        NotePro can only display fixed width fonts in the document edit
        window as Jan mentioned. That will change in version 5, because
        a different input control will be used. The following is a bit
        more about fonts.

        There are two settings for document fonts. One is in View |
        Options | Documents | Font... It controls the font used for all
        new documents like when you click on the New Document icon on the
        Toolbar (Ctrl+N) and also documents you have not set the font in.
        The second is off the main menu under Documents | Font | Change
        Font... It controls each document's settings, that is, the one
        you have focused in NoteTab. The settings are stored in
        NoteTab's main folder in NoteTab.fpr (NotePro.fpr for Pro) and
        remember between NoteTab sessions. Document Properties acts in
        the same manner. If you would like to reset the file properties
        in all documents you can do that under the Advanced tab in
        Options.

        >Also, I am wondering how to edit the user dictionary. I have hit
        >the add button unintentionally and I want to remove some word
        >fragments.
        >
        >Any help would be appreciated.

        You can manually do that, but it is a real pain to do it that
        way. Try downloading http://www.notetab.net/zip/editudt.zip which
        also has a Clip to edit the Directory list. You can get only the
        editudt from Snatch-A-Clip located off my main page. The link is
        below.

        Happy Clip'n!

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options