Seach on a help screen

  • gail
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2001
      I can't figure out how to search for a word on the
      current NTP. I use ^F works on Windows help
      screens, but this doesn't work on my NTP help
      screens. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thank
      you.
      Gail
    • Jan Rosenstreich
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2001
        On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:35:11 -0800, you wrote:

        >I can't figure out how to search for a word on the
        >current NTP. I use ^F works on Windows help
        >screens, but this doesn't work on my NTP help
        >screens. Does anyone have a suggestion?

        From the Help menu, select "Search for Help On" and enter the word or
        phrase in the search box.

        Jan
      • gail
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 27, 2001
          I've already found the topic I'm interested in,
          but I need to find a specific word on the help
          screen that my topic search popped up. Who knows
          how to do this? Thanks
          Gail

          > On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:35:11 -0800, you wrote:
          >
          > >I can't figure out how to search for a word on
          the
          > >current NTP. I use ^F works on Windows help
          > >screens, but this doesn't work on my NTP help
          > >screens. Does anyone have a suggestion?
          >
          > >From the Help menu, select "Search for Help On"
          and enter the word or
          > phrase in the search box.
          >
          > Jan
          >

          > To unsubscribe click on address below and send
          the message empty:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2001
            > I've already found the topic I'm interested in,
            > but I need to find a specific word on the help
            > screen that my topic search popped up. Who knows
            > how to do this? Thanks
            > Gail

            If all else fails - ^A + <copy> to a work buffer and treat as
            a regular Notetab file. I think Jody may also have the Notetab
            help available somewhere as an Outline Document but I'm not sure where.

            Regards ... Alec
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 29, 2001
                Hi Gail,

                A few months ago I tried to learn how to write a help-file. I used
                NoteTab's 4.85 -I think- Helpfile-contents as input and ended up with
                a NoteTab.chm (html-help) file. This will highlight a search-term in
                your help-windows. It acts a little different when searching (the
                found topics list is not updated while you type), but this could be a
                solution for your problem.

                I have it lying here somewhere - except for the placement of Clipbook
                Programming in the contents window (I find it is too nested in the
                current version) it is identical to the regular help-version. Another
                option is to add favorite topics. I do not know if this help can be
                tied to NoteTab itself.

                If you're interested just mail me in private...

                Hugo

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 30, 2001
                  Hi Gail and Others,

                  I've been down for the count of two days with a nasty bug, so I
                  had my computer off during that time. Now, it's catch up time.
                  Oh joy! :)

                  >I've already found the topic I'm interested in, but I need to
                  >find a specific word on the help screen that my topic search
                  >popped up. Who knows how to do this?

                  I do not know if it is due to one of the new maintenance releases
                  coming out soon or a fix in Windows. The search words are now
                  highlighted though in the latest (last few in fact) test releases
                  of NoteTab at least in WinXP Pro.

                  If it is an XP thing, then you can use a pure text file of
                  NoteTab's Help file and search it in NoteTab. You can download
                  an RTF version and save as TXT from MS Word or any editor that
                  can read RTF. The first file below (sm) has all the non-NoteTab
                  help specific stuff removed such as Acknowledgements, legal,
                  order, history, etc. The large (lg) is the whole Help file.

                  http://www.notetab.net/zip/help486sm.zip <-- The bare essentials.
                  http://www.notetab.net/zip/help486lg.zip <-- The works.

                • David McIntosh
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 1, 2001
                    Hi all
                    IF anybody is interested I have a .clp that gives direct access to
                    notetab help
                    plus to icons as well email me private couple of ex. below

                    = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

                    H=";"

                    H="Introduction"
                    ^!Help "" Introduction
                    ^!delay 2

                    H="Clip Programming"
                    ^!Help "" Clip Programming
                    ^!delay 2
                    ^!keyboard down down down down down down

                    H="Clip Language"
                    ^!Help "" Clip Language - Introduction

                    H=" Clip Language Elements"
                    ^!Help "" Clip Language - Introduction