Re: Selecting a block of text with NoteTab Standard

  • burale@aci.on.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2001
      --- In notetab@y..., Daniel Prince <neutrino1@m...> wrote:
      > Is it possible to select a block of text in NoteTab Standard? I
      have
      > found information in the help file on how to copy, paste etc blocks
      of
      > text but not how to select a block. (When I write a block of text,
      > mean a column of text without the text on either side of it
      selected.)
      The problem is that Notetab doesn't make it clear what the
      rectangular block that you have selected is ...
      if you want to select the aaaaa's in the following:
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -1
      xxxxaaaaaaaaaxxxxx -2
      xxxxaaaaaaaaaxxxxx -3
      xxxxaaaaaaaaaxxxxx -4
      xxxxaaaaaaaaaxxxxx -5
      xxxxaaaaaaaaaxxxxx -6
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -7
      Position the mouse on the first 'a' in line 2 and then (while holding
      Lclick down move it to the last 'a' in line 6. The Highlighting will
      appear to include ALL of line 3,4 and 5; but if you do a block <cut>
      or <copy> only the 'a's will have been grabbed.

      Note: if a short line or one with hard 'tabs' in it is included in
      the range - results will be 'disappointing' ;--)

      You said you were useing 'notetab-std' I haven't got it but per
      the 'help' I think this should be the same as in PRO

      Regards ... Alec Burgess