Addings numbers in a column with NTS

  • Daniel Prince
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2001
      Is it possible to add numbers in a text file that are in a column
      using NoteTab Standard? I have a text file that is somewhat like the
      following:

      EVENT PROCEEDS ORGANIZER
      bake sale $423 Sally
      car wash $124 Robert
      10 K run $257 Mary

      Is there an easy way to add the PROCEEDS column with NTS? Thank you
      in advance for all replies.
      --
      My cat Marmaduke is a terrible nuisance but I have figured out
      why I keep him around. It's because I don't like square cats.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2001
        Daniel Prince wrote:

        > EVENT PROCEEDS ORGANIZER
        > bake sale $423 Sally
        > car wash $124 Robert
        > 10 K run $257 Mary
        >
        > Is there an easy way to add the PROCEEDS column with NTS?

        Hello Daniel,

        Just highlight everything from the first '4' (in your example) through
        the '7'. Then click Modify > Block > Sum. The total will be displayed in
        a dialog box and will also be copied to the clipboard.

        Note that while we usually think of 'highlighting' and 'selecting' as
        synonymous, in a block operation they are not the same thing. In this
        example the 'highlighted' text will be;

        423 Sally
        car wash $124 Robert
        10 K run $257