Re: [NTB] I knew nothing

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2001
      Hi Judy,

      >Any program incorporated in a clip is executed when the clip is
      >copied into a document.
      >
      >If this is wrong, please put me right.
      >If everybody in the universe except me thinks this is blindingly
      >obvious, forgive me for wasting your time.

      I think it is only obvious to those who have done it before or
      read "Use the Editor Clipbook" or "Clip Basics" that says to
      double click on a Clip and perhaps some other sections of Help.
      However, it is just a single sentence and can be overlooked if
      one is not reading closely. (If you look in View | Options |
      Clipbook you can check the feature "Single click to Execute" in
      order to only have to single click to run/execute a Clip.)

      Like Nicole mentioned you can execute a Clip that is focused in
      the Clipbook by pressing Alt+Spacebar; you can also press Enter
      when a Clip is highlighted. I suppose you could say Clips perform
      two main functions and a third being a mixture of the first two.
      A Clip can simply paste text into a focused document, run scripts
      to achieve many tasks like little mini programs, or do both at
      the same time.

    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2001
        Jody,

        At 10:51 AM 11/3/01 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hi Judy,
        >

        >Like Nicole mentioned you can execute a Clip that is focused in
        >the Clipbook by pressing Alt+Spacebar;

        Just a minor correction to eliminate confusion, and I know that your brain
        had a run time error and failed to properly engage fingers this time
        because you have typed it correctly at least 1000 times before. :-)))

        Nicole correctly said "- if your desired clip is highlighted and you press
        ctrl-space". (meaning Ctrl+Spacebar.)

        As we all know, Alt+Spacebar pulls down the TitleBar Menu, the one that we
        all forget even exists. :-)

        Regards,

        Jim