Re: [NTB] I knew nothing

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2001
      judybutland <judybutland@...> wrote:
      >Any program incorporated in a clip is executed when the clip is copied
      >into a document.

      Hm, you don't copy clips into documents. You start them (not to sure about
      templates never worked with it). You start them for several reasons:
      - to insert text
      - to do something which you have programmed
      - both

      Clips are like Macros in Officeprodcts. You use them to ease your working.

      They are executed when you tell them to.
      - by doubleclicking on the clipwindow
      - if you're desired clip is highlighted and you press ctrl-space
      - when you press Escape and type the first letters and then press enter
      - if you have made a button on the clipbar and click this
      - when called from another clip

      They don't automagically start sometime. :o)
      Better`?

      Nicole

      --
      »What's this for?« Dust Puppy (being hugged by A.J.)
      »It's for all of the people who can't do this anymore.« A.J. (crying)
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2001
        Hi Judy,

        >Any program incorporated in a clip is executed when the clip is
        >copied into a document.
        >
        >If this is wrong, please put me right.
        >If everybody in the universe except me thinks this is blindingly
        >obvious, forgive me for wasting your time.

        I think it is only obvious to those who have done it before or
        read "Use the Editor Clipbook" or "Clip Basics" that says to
        double click on a Clip and perhaps some other sections of Help.
        However, it is just a single sentence and can be overlooked if
        one is not reading closely. (If you look in View | Options |
        Clipbook you can check the feature "Single click to Execute" in
        order to only have to single click to run/execute a Clip.)

        Like Nicole mentioned you can execute a Clip that is focused in
        the Clipbook by pressing Alt+Spacebar; you can also press Enter
        when a Clip is highlighted. I suppose you could say Clips perform
        two main functions and a third being a mixture of the first two.
        A Clip can simply paste text into a focused document, run scripts
        to achieve many tasks like little mini programs, or do both at
        the same time.

      • Jim Hall
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2001
          Jody,

          At 10:51 AM 11/3/01 -0600, you wrote:
          >Hi Judy,
          >

          >Like Nicole mentioned you can execute a Clip that is focused in
          >the Clipbook by pressing Alt+Spacebar;

          Just a minor correction to eliminate confusion, and I know that your brain
          had a run time error and failed to properly engage fingers this time
          because you have typed it correctly at least 1000 times before. :-)))

          Nicole correctly said "- if your desired clip is highlighted and you press
          ctrl-space". (meaning Ctrl+Spacebar.)

          As we all know, Alt+Spacebar pulls down the TitleBar Menu, the one that we
          all forget even exists. :-)

          Regards,

          Jim