Re: [NTB] Fonts

  • Rick Friedline
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
      At 04:56 PM 11/1/01, Donna Bluemink wrote:

      >Jody, I want to add Georgia font to Note Tab Pro but there is no font
      >directory in Note Tab Pro files. Sorry I am a little dense. I tried
      >adding
      >it to the list inside Note Tab Pro but that didn't work. Next I went
      >to the
      >Note Tab Pro file in my drive and there is no font list to add it
      >to. DEB

      Hi Donna,

      I'm not Jody, but ... you can only use fixed-width fonts in Pro.
      Georgia is a proportional width font, so it will not be available under
      choices in Document|Font.

      I use Andale Mono as my font for Pro.

      NTLight CAN use proportional fonts - I know, it sounds like a
      contradiction.

      HTH

      Rick

    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2001
        Hi Donna,

        > > >Is it possible to add other fixed fonts to Note Tab pro. I'm
        > > >using the trial version at the moment and do not like the font
        > > >selection. DEB
        > >
        > > If it is a true fixed width font, yes, you can. Just add it where
        > > your other fixed fonts are at. You might have to restart NoteTab.

        In your desire to use Georgia, you missed this VITAL bit in Jody's
        response!

        The Georgia font that I know is plainly not a "true fixed width font".
        So you are probably asking the impossible.

        The current version of NOTETAB PRO ONLY WORKS WITH FIXED WIDTH FONTS.

        If you have the font installed in Windows and it is fixed width then
        it will show up as available to NOTETAB PRO.

        Greg
      • Donna Bluemink
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2001
          Rick, Your answer said what I needed to know. Georgia font works best on my
          online site but I was never told it was not fixed, just that it workd better
          than all the others that I tried from Word Perfect's selection. Thanks. DEB

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2001
            Hi Donna,

            >Georgia font works best on my online site but I was never told it
            >was not fixed, just that it workd better than all the others that
            >I tried from Word Perfect's selection.

            Variable width fonts will work in all (or at least most) places
            in NoteTab Pro except the document edit window. Pro will also
            print in variable width fonts. I suggest that you check to see
            if the Georgia font is a standard issue with Windows. If not,
            and you use it on your web pages, it may be best to reconsider
            unless you just want to do it for yourself and the people that
            happen to have it installed on their computer. Browsers use the
            fonts from the visitors computer to view the web page. If the
            font is not installed, then the page will be displayed in
            whatever the default font is. In other words, your page that you
            view may look different or perhaps a bit messed up if you do not
            use a standard font. I took these out of NoteTab's HTML | Font
            Clip. (Thanks Greg. ;)

            Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif
            Times New Roman, Times, Serif
            Courier New, Courier
            Wingding, Symbol
            Comic Sans MS
            Impact
            Lucida
            Palatino
            Verdana

            The HTML discussion list address is in my signature line if you
            are interested in joining it.

            Happy HTML'n!

            The NoteTab and Html List...