Re: [NTB] Fonts

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hi Donna,

      >Is it possible to add other fixed fonts to Note Tab pro. I'm
      >using the trial version at the moment and do not like the font
      >selection. DEB

      If it is a true fixed width font, yes, you can. Just add it where
      your other fixed fonts are at. You might have to restart NoteTab.

    • rbrannon@plix.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 29, 2001
        New to NoteTab
        Can't find a way to add fonts?
        Only choices seem to be courier, courier new, fixedsys, lucida console, and terminal
        Are we stuck with these megar selection? I have hundreds of fonts on my computer.

        Rick

      • rbrannon@plix.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 29, 2001
          Hello NoteTabers,
          I am new to NoteTab and it's not clear to me why I have so few fonts to choose from. Can anyone clear this up for me?

          Rick

        • Jan Rosenstreich
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 30, 2001
            On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:34:17 -0800, Rick wrote:

            >New to NoteTab
            >Can't find a way to add fonts?
            >Only choices seem to be courier, courier new, fixedsys, lucida console, and terminal
            >Are we stuck with these megar selection? I have hundreds of fonts on my computer.

            NoteTab Pro uses only fixed pitch fonts for display. I believe it has to
            do with the input control used with the program. I believe you can use
            other fonts when printing.

            By the way, NoteTab Std and NoteTab Lite use a different input control and
            can use variable pitch fonts. Version 5 (being written now) will allow
            variable pitch fonts.

            Jan
          • Lloyd2
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 29, 2004
              Hi All,

              I just had a change in my NoteTab Pro. The fonts available just dropped to 6
              Courier, Fixedsys, OcrB, Terminal, WST_Eng, and WST_Span. I no longer have,
              as an example, Courier New Which would give me a variety of font sizes.

              I don't remember what the few I had use to be but I do know these were not
              the ones. The look on the screen is no longer the same. The letters are now
              much finer lined than they were.

              What did I do? How do I get back?

              Lloyd

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 29, 2004
                Hi Lloyd2,

                You may never had more than what you see now in the document edit
                window font. You make have been using one of the other fonts in
                it (of the 6 that you have) or possibly a different size of bold
                perhaps. You can try searching the lists for other fixed width
                fonts. There have been a few posted in the past.

                NoteTab Pro can only use fixed width fonts in the document edit
                window. You can use variable width fonts for printing though and
                in some of the windows in it. It is due to the input control
                used. You can read more about fonts and input control in
                NoteTab's Glossary found under the Help menu. One place it is
                documented is in the Comparison Chart found in Help. Another
                place is in Help under Document Properties which says:
                Font: Opens the Font dialog box so you can change the font used
                to display your document(s). NoteTab Std can show fixed- and
                variable-width fonts but cannot display fonts with OEM character
                sets (Terminal, MS Line Draw,...). On the other hand, NoteTab Pro
                can display fonts with OEM character sets but does not support
                variable-width fonts.

                There are two settings for document fonts. One is in View |
                Options | Documents | Font... It controls the font used for all
                new documents like when you click on the New Document icon on the
                Toolbar (Ctrl+N) and also documents you have not set the font in.

                The second is off the main menu under Documents | Font | Change
                Font... It controls each document's settings, that is, the one
                you have focused in NoteTab. The settings are stored in
                NoteTab's main folder in NoteTab.fpr (NotePro.fpr for Pro) and
                remember between NoteTab sessions. Document Properties acts in
                the same manner. If you would like to reset the file properties
                in all documents you can do that under the Advanced tab in
                Options.

                >I just had a change in my NoteTab Pro. The fonts available just
                >dropped to 6 Courier, Fixedsys, OcrB, Terminal, WST_Eng, and
                >WST_Span. I no longer have, as an example, Courier New Which
                >would give me a variety of font sizes.
                >
                >I don't remember what the few I had use to be but I do know these
                >were not the ones. The look on the screen is no longer the same.
                >The letters are now much finer lined than they were.
                >
                >What did I do? How do I get back?

                Happy Tab'n,

              • Tuomo
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 8, 2004
                  Hi Jody,

                  I notice today this problem.
                  Why I don't use all fonts in Notetabpro? In lite I can use all fonts. How can I correct this?

                  Regards,
                  Tuomo

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 8, 2004
                    Hi Tuomo,

                    >I notice today this problem.
                    >Why I don't use all fonts in Notetabpro? In lite I can use all
                    >fonts. How can I correct this?

                    In short, variable width fonts are not supported in NoteTab Pro.
                    It is not a problem, but the way it is. See Help | NoteTab
                    Glossary | Font and below...

                    The reason they are different is because Pro and Std/Light use a
                    different input control. Pro uses a non-Microsoft input control
                    and Std/Light uses the Rich Edit Control that comes with all
                    versions of Windows. There are pros and cons for each, but
                    overall Pro has better/more features. (See one of our private
                    eMail on this in the past before you ordered. :)

                    See a Comparison Chart at http://www.notetab.net/html/chart.htm
                    or look in the Help file under that name. More information is in
                    Help | NoteTab Glossary and the following...

[...]

                    We will be using the same input control for version 5 (v5) in all
                    versions of NoteTab. So, the common features in all versions
                    NoteTab will act the same when v5 is released. It will take
                    awhile to write, because Eric Fookes, the author and programmer
                    of our products is doing a total rewrite of NoteTab. We do not
                    have an estimated time of release for v5, but it is being worked
                    on.

                    Happy Tab'n,