Re: [NTB] Copying lost files

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2001
      Hi Dennis,

      >Per your reply to copy my files:
      > Is there a way to select all files to copy as a group?

      If you need to write more for help with some of the following,
      please do so on the NoteTab OffTopic list. The sign-up link is
      in my sigline.

      The easiest way is to copy the whole folder. If there are a lot
      of files, I suggest that you zip the folder up, because if they
      are text files you should get at lease a 50% file size reduction,
      if my memory serves me well - it may be more than that. There
      are different levels of compression in some utilities. Most
      compression utilities add an item to the content menu so you can
      right click over the folder and click on Add to zip, or something
      similar. You can also go into the folder where the files are
      listed and press Ctrl+A to select all the files. You can
      drag/drop then to a floppy if they will fit or right click over a
      selected file and zip them up.

      > Why didn't the files copy as the program did?

      I do not know how you copied them so I cannot say for sure, but
      it appears you only copied NoteTab's main folder, but on the file
      list side, the second method I mentioned above. If you want to
      zip up the full file structure right click over NoteTab's main
      folder and choose Add to zip. If you have a CD writer, just
      drag/drop the whole folder structure into your CD write software
      or open the whole structure into it. Do what you would normally
      do. You can drag/drop the whole structure onto a zip drive if
      you have one. You can also use a file splitter on a zip file
      splitting the file up into small enough pieces to fit on floppy
      disks.

      >ps: The f 6 key did the trick.

      ;)