Lost files

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2001
      I have copied and loaded Notetab Light v. 4.6a from my Win 98 computer to my new ME computer.
      The program seems to work fine...I can create new files...however I cannot find my files from 98. Also on the 98 system
      I have a narrow vertical portion next to any open file...this portion has a list of all my files which I find
      very handy vs. the tabbing across the top of any open file. How do I find my files and enable this vertical list?

      Dennis

    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2001
        I have copied NoteTab Light v. 4.6a from my Win 98 computer and loaded in my new Win ME computer.
        The program seems to work fine; I can create new files,
        but I cannot find my files from the Win 98 system anywhere.
        Also, on the 98 system I have a narrow vertical listing of
        all my files on the right side of my screen
        whenever the program is open,
        I cannot find a
        way to have this file listing show on the ME system.

        Dennis

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2001
          Hi Dennis,

          >I have copied and loaded Notetab Light v. 4.6a from my Win 98
          >computer to my new ME computer. The program seems to work
          >fine...I can create new files...however I cannot find my files
          >from 98.

          If you have not formatted the old machine, you will need to come
          up on that hard drive, copy the files to floppies, CD writer, zip
          drive or tape drive. You may be able to daisy chain your hard
          drive that has the data you need can be retrieved.

          >Also on the 98 system I have a narrow vertical portion next to
          >any open file...this portion has a list of all my files which I
          >find very handy vs. the tabbing across the top of any open file.
          >How do I find my files and enable this vertical list?

          Look up Quick List in Help for detailed information. Right click
          over the Clipbook window and chose your option/view. F6 is your
          shortcut key to toggle it on/off.