Re: [NTB] Win2k associate with NoteTab

  • Brian Mailman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2001
      Lou wrote:

      > The help file indicates that NoteTab cannot replace Notepad in Win2K. Is
      > there a quick way to associate all txt, ini, and other text type files with
      > NoteTab?

      If Win2K is anything like 95/98:

      Start -> Run -> type "winfile" (without the quotes)

      Hit Enter

      This will open up the DOS-style directory view

      highlight any file with the extension you wish to "associate" with a
      program.

      Up on the menu bar click File -> Associate -> Browse

      Look through your directories/files until you find the Notetab *.exe

      Click OK.

      Do that with every extension you wish to have Notetab open.

      For me, that's the fastest and easiest way. There's something about
      doing it through Control Panel, but I find that a bit confusing.

      B/