Re: [NTB] Duplicating an open file?

  • bicycletourist@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2001
      --- In notetab@y..., Stefan Elssner <elssner@y...> wrote:
      > On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:00:28 -0000, bicycletourist@h... wrote:
      >
      > >What is the easy way to duplicate an open file and so the new file
      has
      > >the same name as the original)?
      > >
      > >Currently, I select all, copy (copy all), File - New, and paste.
      Is
      > >there a shorter method, or a command or button I've not discovered?
      > >

      > Duplicate a file to a file of the _really_ same name (including full
      > path) is impossible by concept in all common file systems.
      >
      > Maybe you are looking for a second view on the same file. For all I
      > know NoteTab doesn't support this directly.

      That sounds like what I want — a duplicate, with the same name. I can
      sort out the path interference (a hic) myself by renaming the old one
      (which is actually what I'd like it for — e.g., duplicate index.html
      and then rename the old one to old_index.html)

      > you can do CTRL-AC (you not have to release the CTRL key between the
      > strokes) and while still holding CTRL down add the SHIFT and the C.
      >
      > Sounds a little artistic, but isn't IMHO :)

      I get it.

      Thanks (moving this to the Clips group)