Re: [NTB] NoteTab as IE editor

  • rainmark@att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
      Hi David,
      I think I found the clip. Is this it?

      Add to Edit HTML file type

      Will this add to the list of editors or replace the
      editors on the list with NoteTab?

      What is this freeware utility you mention? That would be
      good in case I want to add other editors to the list.
      > It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
      > IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
      > Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
      > for the same purpose.
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
        It adds it.

        ---
        Don Passenger
        mailto:dpasseng@...
        personal: http://www.iserv.net/~dpasseng
        work: http://www.grcourt.org
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
          On 4 Oct 2001, at 19:39, rainmark@... wrote:

          > Hi David,
          > I think I found the clip. Is this it?
          >
          > Add to Edit HTML file type
          No, I think that one just makes NTP the editor for the Windows
          right-click edit function. The one you need is just above that one in
          the same library, and it's called "Add IE default HTML Editor".

          > What is this freeware utility you mention? That would be
          > good in case I want to add other editors to the list.
          It's called IE5-Tweak, and as I said, I can send you a copy, though
          it's still available on many download sites, including the vendor's.
          The zip file is about 105 Kb.
          I've used it with IE6 with no problem.

          Good luck.
          David.
        • birchfield
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 2001
            > > On 4 Oct 2001, at 18:19, rainmark@... wrote:
            > >
            > > I think I saw this here before but I can't find it in my
            > > stuff. Is there a way to add NoteTab to the Edit With...
            > > dropdown box in Internet Explorer's toolbar?
            >
            > It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
            > IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
            > Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
            > for the same purpose.
            >
            > Good luck.
            > David.

            is there any way to invoke this action with a keyboard short cut?
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 6, 2001
              Hi birchfield,

              If I understand you correct, we will have programmable keyboard
              shortcuts to Clips in version 5. So, at the very worse, you
              would have to write a Clip and then assign it a keyboard
              shortcut, but I thing (not sure) that we will be able to reassign
              the standard keyboard shortcut set as well.

              >> > I think I saw this here before but I can't find it in my
              >> > stuff. Is there a way to add NoteTab to the Edit With...
              >> > dropdown box in Internet Explorer's toolbar?
              >>
              >> It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
              >> IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
              >> Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
              >> for the same purpose.
              >
              >is there any way to invoke this action with a keyboard short cut?

              Happy Clip'n!

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            • paul
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 7, 2001
                hi jody,

                i *was* thinking more in terms of reassigning the standard keyboard shortcut
                set but both options would be extremely welcome. version 5 sounds like it's
                going to be well worth the wait - just hope the wait isn't too long! ;-)

                cheers

                paul