Re: [NTB] NoteTab as IE editor

  • djust@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
      On 4 Oct 2001, at 18:19, rainmark@... wrote:

      > I think I saw this here before but I can't find it in my
      > stuff. Is there a way to add NoteTab to the Edit With...
      > dropdown box in Internet Explorer's toolbar?
      It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
      IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
      Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
      for the same purpose.

      Good luck.
      David.
    • rainmark@att.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
        Hi David,
        I think I found the clip. Is this it?

        Add to Edit HTML file type

        Will this add to the list of editors or replace the
        editors on the list with NoteTab?

        What is this freeware utility you mention? That would be
        good in case I want to add other editors to the list.
        > It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
        > IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
        > Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
        > for the same purpose.
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
          It adds it.

          ---
          Don Passenger
          mailto:dpasseng@...
          personal: http://www.iserv.net/~dpasseng
          work: http://www.grcourt.org
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
            On 4 Oct 2001, at 19:39, rainmark@... wrote:

            > Hi David,
            > I think I found the clip. Is this it?
            >
            > Add to Edit HTML file type
            No, I think that one just makes NTP the editor for the Windows
            right-click edit function. The one you need is just above that one in
            the same library, and it's called "Add IE default HTML Editor".

            > What is this freeware utility you mention? That would be
            > good in case I want to add other editors to the list.
            It's called IE5-Tweak, and as I said, I can send you a copy, though
            it's still available on many download sites, including the vendor's.
            The zip file is about 105 Kb.
            I've used it with IE6 with no problem.

            Good luck.
            David.
          • birchfield
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 6, 2001
              > > On 4 Oct 2001, at 18:19, rainmark@... wrote:
              > >
              > > I think I saw this here before but I can't find it in my
              > > stuff. Is there a way to add NoteTab to the Edit With...
              > > dropdown box in Internet Explorer's toolbar?
              >
              > It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
              > IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
              > Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
              > for the same purpose.
              >
              > Good luck.
              > David.

              is there any way to invoke this action with a keyboard short cut?
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 6, 2001
                Hi birchfield,

                If I understand you correct, we will have programmable keyboard
                shortcuts to Clips in version 5. So, at the very worse, you
                would have to write a Clip and then assign it a keyboard
                shortcut, but I thing (not sure) that we will be able to reassign
                the standard keyboard shortcut set as well.

                >> > I think I saw this here before but I can't find it in my
                >> > stuff. Is there a way to add NoteTab to the Edit With...
                >> > dropdown box in Internet Explorer's toolbar?
                >>
                >> It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
                >> IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
                >> Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
                >> for the same purpose.
                >
                >is there any way to invoke this action with a keyboard short cut?

                Happy Clip'n!

                Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              • paul
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 7, 2001
                  hi jody,

                  i *was* thinking more in terms of reassigning the standard keyboard shortcut
                  set but both options would be extremely welcome. version 5 sounds like it's
                  going to be well worth the wait - just hope the wait isn't too long! ;-)

                  cheers

                  paul