NoteTab as IE editor

  • rainmark@att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
      I think I saw this here before but I can't find it in my
      stuff. Is there a way to add NoteTab to the Edit With...
      dropdown box in Internet Explorer's toolbar?
      Thanks,
      Mark
    • djust@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
        On 4 Oct 2001, at 18:19, rainmark@... wrote:

        > I think I saw this here before but I can't find it in my
        > stuff. Is there a way to add NoteTab to the Edit With...
        > dropdown box in Internet Explorer's toolbar?
        It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
        IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
        Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
        for the same purpose.

        Good luck.
        David.
      • rainmark@att.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
          Hi David,
          I think I found the clip. Is this it?

          Add to Edit HTML file type

          Will this add to the list of editors or replace the
          editors on the list with NoteTab?

          What is this freeware utility you mention? That would be
          good in case I want to add other editors to the list.
          > It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
          > IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
          > Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
          > for the same purpose.
        • Don Passenger
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
            It adds it.

            ---
            Don Passenger
            mailto:dpasseng@...
            personal: http://www.iserv.net/~dpasseng
            work: http://www.grcourt.org
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
              On 4 Oct 2001, at 19:39, rainmark@... wrote:

              > Hi David,
              > I think I found the clip. Is this it?
              >
              > Add to Edit HTML file type
              No, I think that one just makes NTP the editor for the Windows
              right-click edit function. The one you need is just above that one in
              the same library, and it's called "Add IE default HTML Editor".

              > What is this freeware utility you mention? That would be
              > good in case I want to add other editors to the list.
              It's called IE5-Tweak, and as I said, I can send you a copy, though
              it's still available on many download sites, including the vendor's.
              The zip file is about 105 Kb.
              I've used it with IE6 with no problem.

              Good luck.
              David.
            • birchfield
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 6, 2001
                > > On 4 Oct 2001, at 18:19, rainmark@... wrote:
                > >
                > > I think I saw this here before but I can't find it in my
                > > stuff. Is there a way to add NoteTab to the Edit With...
                > > dropdown box in Internet Explorer's toolbar?
                >
                > It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
                > IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
                > Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
                > for the same purpose.
                >
                > Good luck.
                > David.

                is there any way to invoke this action with a keyboard short cut?
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 6, 2001
                  Hi birchfield,

                  If I understand you correct, we will have programmable keyboard
                  shortcuts to Clips in version 5. So, at the very worse, you
                  would have to write a Clip and then assign it a keyboard
                  shortcut, but I thing (not sure) that we will be able to reassign
                  the standard keyboard shortcut set as well.

                  >> > I think I saw this here before but I can't find it in my
                  >> > stuff. Is there a way to add NoteTab to the Edit With...
                  >> > dropdown box in Internet Explorer's toolbar?
                  >>
                  >> It's in the "Utilities" Clip Library you got with NTP. It's called "Add
                  >> IE default HTML Editor". If for some reason you don't want to use
                  >> Eric's clip, I can send you a copy of the little freeware utility I used
                  >> for the same purpose.
                  >
                  >is there any way to invoke this action with a keyboard short cut?

                  Happy Clip'n!

                  Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                • paul
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 7, 2001
                    hi jody,

                    i *was* thinking more in terms of reassigning the standard keyboard shortcut
                    set but both options would be extremely welcome. version 5 sounds like it's
                    going to be well worth the wait - just hope the wait isn't too long! ;-)

                    cheers

                    paul