Skipping Over

  • james.homme@highmark.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001
      Hi,
      I'm not sure if Notetab Pro is doing this or my screen reader. I got this
      behavior when correcting some HTML I am writing. Here is what happened.

      After doing a search and replace, I had some lines that start with ><,
      because of the replacement. When I put the cursor at the begining of the
      line and press control+right arrow, the cursor skips over the > and lands
      on the <. I am expecting it to land on the >. Is this supposed to happen?

      Thanks.

      Jim

      James Homme, Manager, Assistive Technology, Bender Consulting Services,
      Inc., (412) 787-8567.
      jhomme@.... http://www.benderconsult.com
      Competitive Jobs Mean Freedom.
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001
        Jim,

        At 09:29 AM 10/4/01 -0400, you wrote:
        >Hi,
        >I'm not sure if Notetab Pro is doing this or my screen reader. I got this
        >behavior when correcting some HTML I am writing. Here is what happened.
        >
        >After doing a search and replace, I had some lines that start with ><,
        >because of the replacement. When I put the cursor at the begining of the
        >line and press control+right arrow, the cursor skips over the > and lands
        >on the <. I am expecting it to land on the >. Is this supposed to happen?

        Actually it is neither NTP or your screen reader per se.

        It is a Standard Windows Cursor command to skip to the next word to the right.

        It just so happens that for some reason it sees > and < (and other
        characters :;") as individual words.

        Regards,

        Jim Hall