Re: [NTB] What are these 50 files? (moving to a new PC)

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2001
      slamantia@... wrote:

      > Hi, all.
      >

      > Can anyone offer any advice on which of these files I need to move
      > over into the NoteTab directory (and the corresponding
      > subdirectories) to have NoteTab on the new computer set up the way it
      > was on the old computer? At the very least, I figure I should move
      > over the .clb files, since they're my clipbooks that I made, but
      > other than those files, I'm at a loss as to what all these files are
      > for. And I don't want to just bulk-move over *everything*, because I
      > don't know what sort of bad effects that might have, especially going
      > from a Win95 to a Win2k machine. (And just FYI, those files
      > with "SGL" in the filenames are files I made myself; those are my
      > initials.)
      >
      > Any help would earn my eternal gratitude, because I really need to
      > get NoteTab running on the new machine as soon as I can. (It's just
      > too weird, not to mention seriously unproductive, to be working with
      > Microsoft Notepad again.) Thanks!
      >
      > Steve LaMantia
      > Seattle, WA
      >
      > G:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\

      Hello Steve,

      All files with extensions, B00, B01, etc., are backups from
      previous upgrades of NoteTab and can safely be deleted.

      Any file with NoteTab as a first name I would recommend moving to
      the new location, especially, Notepro.ini. You may have to edit
      it, changed pathnames, etc.. When, and if, you do edit it, it
      must be saved as !Notepro.ini, exclamation mark.

      That will allow it to load automatically the next time you start
      NoteTab. This file allows you to retain any alterations you've
      made to NoteTab's function or interface.

      You may run into enough path conflicts that the easiest way would
      be starting over with these files, I think they are all generated
      by normal use of NoteTab.

      Files with .clb extensions are clipbooks and should be moved to
      the new NoteTab Libraries folder. .otl, outline files, some of
      which are in the NoteTab root folder should be saved, and others
      should go to the NoteTab Outline folder.

      I can't comment any files pertaining to SGL, delete them at your
      discretion. The error can probably be deleted but it may be a
      text file you can load into NoteTab to investigate.

      The text files listed are informational and should be saved for
      you to reference. The NoteProINI-saved-by-SGL-Aug-11-2001.ini, I
      assume is just a backup of NotePro.ini and you may want to save
      it, at least, for the time being.

      hrs