php syntax highlighting...

  • ahmad varoqua
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
      Hi,

      I read somewhere that it is possible to have notetab parse php files and
      syntax highlight them, but I'm not sure how. I saw it here:

      http://www.itworks.demon.co.uk/notetabpro.html#syntax

      Anybody have any insight on this or achieve it? I'm not having any luck...

      Thank You, ahmad
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2001
        Hi Ahmad,

        >I read somewhere that it is possible to have notetab parse php
        >files and syntax highlight them, but I'm not sure how. I saw it
        >here:
        >
        ><http://www.itworks.demon.co.uk/notetabpro.html#syntax>http://www.itworks.demon.co.uk/notetabpro.html#syntax

        I tried checking for you, but it seems you need a program to make
        PHP code highlight in NoteTab Pro. I could not find a page that
        the one you referred to above was linked from. NoteTab Pro 5.XX
        will have PHP highlighting plus a number of other languages/scripts.

      • Charles
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2001
          > I tried checking for you, but it seems you need a program to make
          > PHP code highlight in NoteTab Pro. I could not find a page that
          > the one you referred to above was linked from. NoteTab Pro 5.XX
          > will have PHP highlighting plus a number of other languages/scripts.
          >

          > Happy NoteTab'n,
          > Jody Adair
          Will there be the ability to setup customized coloring, for
          pre-programmed coloring and for doing it on our own for not-included
          languages? Ie, would I be able to alter the way coloring for C++ works, and
          could I write my own coloring system for, say, REBOL if it's not included?

          --Charles
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2001
            Jody,

            > >I read somewhere that it is possible to have notetab parse php
            > >files and syntax highlight them, but I'm not sure how. I saw it
            > >here:
            > >
            > ><http://www.itworks.demon.co.uk/notetabpro.html#syntax>http://www.itworks
            > .demon.co.uk/notetabpro.html#syntax
            >
            >I tried checking for you, but it seems you need a program to make
            >PHP code highlight in NoteTab Pro. I could not find a page that
            >the one you referred to above was linked from. NoteTab Pro 5.XX
            >will have PHP highlighting plus a number of other languages/scripts.

            Don't you think the post at the URL above refers to getting the HTML tags
            highlighted in documents with the .php extension?

            Please explain slowly what you are saying here. Do you mean there may be a
            third party program that can make highlighting for other languages than
            html possible???

            Lotta
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2001
              Hi Lotta and Charles,

              Charles will need to answer your questions, hopefully on the off
              topic list. See my sigline ;) I'll send you the link for some color
              highlighting, but it is not for code and does not work in Pro, an
              input control thing I suppose. Let me know if you want it.
              mailto:av1611@... It highlights selected text and is
              freeware I believe.

              >>I tried checking for you, but it seems you need a program to make
              >>PHP code highlight in NoteTab Pro. I could not find a page that
              >>the one you referred to above was linked from. NoteTab Pro 5.XX
              >>will have PHP highlighting plus a number of other languages/scripts.
              >
              >Don't you think the post at the URL above refers to getting the
              >HTML tags highlighted in documents with the .php extension?
              >
              >Please explain slowly what you are saying here. Do you mean there
              >may be a third party program that can make highlighting for other
              >languages than html possible???

              Happy Topics,
              Jody

              The NoteTab Off-Topic List