Newbie question

  • gold76spirit@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2001
      Hello all,

      I need to create a template for XML header files, but am not sure
      where to begin. Is there a tutorial for template creation? Or is my
      best bet simply to copy and edit info from one of the sample
      templates?

      Thanks!
    • JAMIE RODRIGUEZ
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
        Greetings,

        They say that the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask......so I will ask.
        I received an e-mail through a hotmail account and this e-mail has attachments that I would like to open with Note Tab Light and save to a file. How can I get the Note Tab Light to open these attachments and then save them onto the desired (C:) drive file?

        Thank you for your time and attention to my query.

        Rob
        ROBERTO RODRIGUEZ

      • kleer51
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 25, 2004
          I have a directory listing of files on a server, and want to create
          a directory tree. To do this I had hoped to "gather" all lines
          containing "Directory" or "<DIR>". Does NoteTab have a function to
          do this?

          Laurence
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 25, 2004
            kleer51 wrote:

            > I have a directory listing of files on a server, and want to create
            > a directory tree. To do this I had hoped to "gather" all lines
            > containing "Directory" or "<DIR>". Does NoteTab have a function to
            > do this?
            >
            > Laurence

            Laurance,

            If I understand, you have a text listing of all files, including dirs,
            if so, you, very possibly could gather the dirs into a separate
            text-based list using a NoteTab clip.

            When you say 'tree' it infers, to me, a graphical function or result,
            NoteTab does text, not graphics.

            If the, aforementioned, text-based list is good enough reply to this and
            include a, not to large sample of the text listing you're working with,
            <dirs> and <files> included.

            This way list members can recommend various options.

            For this job it would be best to address the clips list if you're a
            member, if not subscribe at;

            ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            ºvº
            hrs <04-11-25> hsavage@...
          • Alex Plantema
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 28, 2004
              Op donderdag 25 november 2004 13:51 schreef kleer51:

              > I have a directory listing of files on a server, and want to create
              > a directory tree. To do this I had hoped to "gather" all lines
              > containing "Directory" or "<DIR>". Does NoteTab have a function to
              > do this?

              Try this:
              dir /ad/s|find "\"

              --
              Alex.
            • felix
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 28, 2004
                When I click on the Favorites menu button in NoteTab Pro,
                the files I store there using the Save As feature don't show
                up. I have to open Windows Explorer to the NTP folder to
                find my files. They're all there, that's not the problem, I
                just don't gnow how to get them to show up on the pull down
                menu in NTP so I don't have to stop and open Windows
                Explorer.

                Any suggestions?

                felix
                http://home.earthlink.net/~fe1ix/
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 29, 2004
                  Hi Felix,

                  >When I click on the Favorites menu button in NoteTab Pro, the
                  >files I store there using the Save As feature don't show up. I
                  >have to open Windows Explorer to the NTP folder to find my files.
                  >They're all there, that's not the problem, I just don't know how
                  >to get them to show up on the pull down menu in NTP so I don't
                  >have to stop and open Windows Explorer.

                  If I understand you correctly, you are putting files in the
                  Favorites folder. That is not how you do it, although you can put
                  file there if you wish. You need to have the paths to your files
                  in the .fvr files that are in the Favorites folder. There is a
                  .fvr file for every category that you have.

                  You can add them manually to an existing .fvr file or use the
                  Favorites dialog to add them, the path to the files that is. You
                  need to put them in the Categories that you want them in. Open
                  the Favorites dialog (Favorites | Organize | Go to Favorites -
                  Shift+F2) after choosing the Category (Favorites | Categories).
                  Use the Add.. button to (browse to a file to enter it into the
                  Category) add a path. Use the New button to paste a path or type
                  one out.

                  Press Shift+F2 and then click on the Help button or press F1 for
                  a lot of help in using Favorites. Tip: You can resize the
                  Favorites dialog and then click on the icon in the upper left of
                  the window and then click on Save Window State so that NoteTab
                  will remember what size to open the dialog next time it opens.
                  (There is an Open Center option as well. The Save Window State
                  will not get a check mark next to it. If it did, then it would
                  leave you to believe that if you unchecked it, then the window
                  state would not be remembered. It is always remember when you
                  click on the Save Window State so you can change the size and
                  position anytime you make changes if you wish.

                  Happy Clip'n!

                • felix
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 29, 2004
                    Thanks Jody. These files are my blog entries. All text files.
                    Since I wrote them I don't often refer back to them. It
                    might take too long to load NTP if all those files had to
                    boot up each time I used the program. I'll play around with
                    the ideas you have offered and see if they work for me.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 29, 2004
                      Hi Felix,

                      The main thing to remember is the Favorites works with file paths
                      in the FVR files in the Favorites folder. If you end the path in
                      a backslash and no file.ext, then a Windows Explorer type window
                      will open to that directory/folder and multiple files can be
                      opened using the Ctrl+click (random individual/selective) or
                      Shift+click (range). Do read Help on this. There is a lot of
                      useful information in it.

                      >Thanks Jody. These files are my blog entries. All text files.
                      >Since I wrote them I don't often refer back to them. It
                      >might take too long to load NTP if all those files had to
                      >boot up each time I used the program. I'll play around with
                      >the ideas you have offered and see if they work for me.
                      >
                      >On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:00:31 -0600
                      >Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:
                      >

                      >> Hi Felix,
                      >>
                      >> >When I click on the Favorites menu button in NoteTab Pro, the
                      >> >files I store there using the Save As feature don't show up. I
                      >> >have to open Windows Explorer to the NTP folder to find my files.
                      >> >They're all there, that's not the problem, I just don't know how
                      >> >to get them to show up on the pull down menu in NTP so I don't
                      >> >have to stop and open Windows Explorer.
                      >>
                      >> If I understand you correctly, you are putting files in the
                      >> Favorites folder. That is not how you do it, although you can put
                      >> file there if you wish. You need to have the paths to your files
                      >> in the .fvr files that are in the Favorites folder. There is a
                      >> fvr file for every category that you have.

                      Happy Tab'n,