Re: Bugs (was Re: [NTB] Note Tab features)

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi Jorma,

      > > When you say that <a href="foo" >bar</a> doesn't render as intended,
      > > what piece of software is doing the rendering?
      >
      >NTP, "Highlight HTML Tags" selected. "bar" should be
      >rendered with standard text color.

      Sorry about the late reply -- better late than never <g>.

      You're quite right that the syntax highlighting is not correct. There's a
      reason for that though. I designed the highlighting on an input control
      that was not designed for such a feature. My main concern was to offer
      helpful syntax highlighting without affecting the performance of the text
      control. The downside is that it is less forgiving than other syntax
      highlighting methods.

      I had to solve a highlighting problem when Java or VB code was used in HTML
      pages. Expressions like the following: "for (var i = 0; i < 10; i ++) { if
      j > k ...}" completely messed up the HTML highlighting. The best solution I
      could find was to ignore ">" and "<" characters if they are respectively
      preceded of followed by a space character. Of course, this means that tags
      like the one you showed above are not rendered correctly. Surely, removing
      the extra space from your code is the simplest fix, no?

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes