Modify Lines - Reverse?

  • otirsh@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2001
      Hi,

      Help? How do I reverse the order of lines of a text document in
      notetab ?

      i.e.

      transform this:

      apples
      peaches
      plums

      into this:

      plums
      peaches
      apples

      Great program.
      Like the new clip bar that I found in my most recent update.

      Trish
    • Manuel_123
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2001
        (Cita de otirsh@...)
        > How do I reverse the order of lines of a text document in
        >notetab ?

        MANUEL
        Hi, All and you.

        1. Select the text
        2. menu modify
        3. Lines
        4. Descending

        or with the keyboard
        alt+m l m s d

        plums
        peaches
        apples

        Regards.
        ---
        manuel123@...
        Cursos para ciegos (Courses for blind people)
        Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
        http://manuel123.8m.com (en español)
        http://infoman.8m.com (english page)
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2001
          Manuel,Trish
          The example Trish provided {apples, peaches, plums) happened to be in
          alphabetic order so Manuel's method will work but if you need to reverse an
          unordered list I think some kind of clip would be needed. If that's what you
          needed Trish maybe you should repost on the clips list.
          Regards ... Alec
            > Help? How do I reverse the order of lines of a text document in
            > notetab ?
            >
            > i.e.
            >
            > transform this:
            >
            > apples
            > peaches
            > plums
            >
            > into this:
            >
            > plums
            > peaches
            > apples
            >
            > Great program.
            > Like the new clip bar that I found in my most recent update.
            >
            > Trish

            Hi Trish,

            I think this clip is what you wanted. It reverses the order of
            lines in a file without a descending sort.

            Add clip to a library of your choice, load the file you want to
            reverse and run the clip.

            It is written to create a new file, with the lines reversed,
            without altering the parent file.

            Word wrap is turned off in case you have any long lines.

            Toward the end of the clip, before the AppendTofile line, 2
            instruction lines tell how to preserve, or not, blank lines.

            Take care that the Append line doesn't get wrapped after you add
            the clip to a library.

            h="reverse line order"
            ^!SetWordWrap OFF
            ^!Set %linecount%=^$GetTextLineCount$
            ^!Set %index%=^$GetTextLineCount$
            :LOOP
            ^!If ^%index% = 0 END
            ^!Jump ^%index%
            ^!IfError END
            ^!Select Line
            ^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
            ;^!DeleteLine
            ^!Dec %index%
            ;- to remove blank lines from finished file
            ;- remove comment/; from next line
            ;^!If ^$GetSelection$ = "" LOOP
            ^!AppendToFile "^$GetDocumentPath$reverse_line_order.txt"
            ^$GetClipboard$
            ;
            ^!Goto LOOP
            :END
            ^!Open ^$GetDocumentPath$reverse_line_order.txt
            ^!SetWordWrap On

            hrs