Re: [NTB] [OT] Highlighting text in received e-mail messages using MS OE or Outlook

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2001
      Hi Patrick-Julien,

      >As a recent newcomer to NoteTab Pro (which programme is definitely
      >the best advanced text editor IMHO), this is my first message to this
      >discussion list. So, let me briefly introduce myself.

      Welcome to the NoteTab Basic list! There are others to join also:

      >I may want to permanently highlight interesting keywords or piece
      >of information in tons of interesting messages so I can go
      >directly to the relevant information when I later retrieve stored
      >messages.

      Not in the version 4.x series can you do what you want. If I am
      not mistaken, the input control that will be used for version
      five will have what you want. I know it will at least highlight
      in custom colors and hopefully will remember them. I'll have to
      check the demo out sometime if I can ever find it. <g>

      There is kind of a work around though that you can do. If you
      add the file type of the files in question to the HTML Files tab
      in Options you can put <arrows around the text that you want
      highlighted> and it will be in the color you choose from the
      Colors tab in Options. You do have to be in the Pro version
      though to get the HTML highlighting. You are actually telling
      NoteTab that the words you wrap in the arrows are a HTML tag. :-)
      Do note though, that it can slow down NoteTab with very large
      documents considerably if you have a lot of the highlighting in
      them.