[OT] Highlighting text in received e-mail messages using MS OE or Outlook

  • pjg1111@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2001
      Hello everybody,

      As a recent newcomer to NoteTab Pro (which programme is definitely
      the best advanced text editor IMHO), this is my first message to this
      discussion list. So, let me briefly introduce myself. My name is
      Patrick-Julien Germain and I have been an IT translator and trainer
      for about 15 years. I am French but frequently spend more than six
      months per year in Canada and the States as a software tester.

      Now, my first question to this list; if it may be slightly out of
      topics, I sincerely apologize with everybody.

      I may want to permanently highlight interesting keywords or piece of
      information in tons of interesting messages so I can go directly to
      the relevant information when I later retrieve stored messages.

      Is there a way to do so, possibly using Note Tab Pro?

      I typically use MS Outlook Express as my x-mailer programme, but I
      keep and store messages of interest in MS Outlook 98.

      Thanks in advance for any help.

      Best regards.

      Patrick-Julien Germain
      http://pjg.free.fr
      http://www.oiseaubleu.org
      pjg@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2001
        Hi Patrick-Julien,

        >As a recent newcomer to NoteTab Pro (which programme is definitely
        >the best advanced text editor IMHO), this is my first message to this
        >discussion list. So, let me briefly introduce myself.

        Welcome to the NoteTab Basic list! There are others to join also:

        >I may want to permanently highlight interesting keywords or piece
        >of information in tons of interesting messages so I can go
        >directly to the relevant information when I later retrieve stored
        >messages.

        Not in the version 4.x series can you do what you want. If I am
        not mistaken, the input control that will be used for version
        five will have what you want. I know it will at least highlight
        in custom colors and hopefully will remember them. I'll have to
        check the demo out sometime if I can ever find it. <g>

        There is kind of a work around though that you can do. If you
        add the file type of the files in question to the HTML Files tab
        in Options you can put <arrows around the text that you want
        highlighted> and it will be in the color you choose from the
        Colors tab in Options. You do have to be in the Pro version
        though to get the HTML highlighting. You are actually telling
        NoteTab that the words you wrap in the arrows are a HTML tag. :-)
        Do note though, that it can slow down NoteTab with very large
        documents considerably if you have a lot of the highlighting in
        them.