Re: [NTB] Need help with error message

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2001
      Hi Quin,

      > I've been doing a lot of work on my web pages lately. I've had about
      > 20 pages opened at a time while modifying them and uploading them to
      > my web page server. I haven't been using the Clipbook.
      >
      > Yesterday I got the Error message, "Out of system resources
      > (TClipbookList)" so I closed about half the tabbed pages. But the
      > message now appears every time I open NoteTab Pro with the ten or so
      > tabs still open. What does the error mean? The Clipbook itself is
      > hidden.

      Those errors are usually due to low resources. Sometimes that
      can happen on startup because you had too many large documents to
      reload from when you last had NoteTab open and/or corrupt files, or
      a few other reasons.

      Try opening an editor that will read text documents like Notepad
      or Wordpad and open NotePro.ini found in its main folder. Scroll
      down till you get to the [Autoload] section and remove all the
      paths to the files to reload on startup. You might want to try
      it from a fresh Windows boot up as well.

      Some programs have memory leaks in them as well as some Windows
      versions like WinME. Some programs do not release all the memory
      they were using while open. That can add up to not having enough
      memory for programs to start causing all kinds of errors.

      Windows has basically three types of memories: RAM, Virtual
      Memory (your hard disk), and a small section of RAM used for
      storing Windows object handles. When Windows runs out of system
      resources, it may have plenty of RAM left, but it runs out of
      space for storing handles. This is often when funny things start
      happening like the tab bar displaying blank tabs, or the Toolbar
      showing no icons.

      Only libraries open in the Clipbook window will occupy RAM. The
      more items, and the larger the Clips, the more RAM it uses up.
      Running Clips that create variables will take another chunk from
      RAM. Closing the Clipbook window will free several handles which
      occupy the third type of memory.

      Some things in NoteTab can cause extra memory to be used are:

      Large amounts of Favorites and long lists slow down the loading
      of NoteTab and use up a fair amount of RAM.

      A large Undo limit size. What is considered large is largely
      dependant on how many documents you open. Should rarely be a
      problem if you open less than 50 documents at a time.