.LOG function

  • mcurran@ucsd.edu
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2001
      Hi folks,

      It seems as though the .LOG function does not work in an outline
      document? I tried with a document I already had started as well as a
      brand new one; didn't work in either. Works just fine in a .txt
      document.

      Thanks for the help.

      Maureen
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 10, 2001
        Hi Maureen,

        I can only offer my agreement with you. The only way I can think
        of to simulate .log in an Outline is to use a Clip to do it with.
        Somebody on the Clips list might feel energetic enough to build
        one for you. I am just now getting to my lists mail. See my
        sigline for the Clips list. (I sent this post to the NoteTab
        Next Release list as a suggestion to have .log work in an
        Outline.)

        >It seems as though the .LOG function does not work in an outline
        >document? I tried with a document I already had started as well
        >as a brand new one; didn't work in either. Works just fine in a
        >.txt document.

        Happy Clip'n!

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      • mwe5051@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 13, 2001
          Jody,

          Thanks for adding it to the suggestion "box." For now I'm just
          using
          a regular txt file then cut and pasting - yes, I know that's archaic!
          (Haven't worked my way up to clips yet.)

          Maureen

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 13, 2001
            Hi Maureen,

            >Thanks for adding it to the suggestion "box." For now I'm just
            >using a regular txt file then cut and pasting - yes, I know
            >that's archaic! (Haven't worked my way up to clips yet.)

            Yes, that is extremely archaic (but still useful), NoteTab has a
            much easier way to do it. Open a new document and click on
            Documents | Use as Pasteboard. You can now copy/append any text
            from anywhere to it (except for in the Pasteboard file itself;).
            If you put NoteTab in the system tray, you can right click over
            its icon and turn the Pasteboard on/off.

            I have another method I use, somewhat the same, but it has about
            6 different formats to gather text. One it into and Outline and
            some use date stamps for the dividers (which could satisfy your
            .log need in Outline files. (BTW, F5 will insert the date and
            time depending on how you have it configured in Look in View |
            Options | Tools | Date Filter. Click press F1 or the help button
            while you are there.)

            I think the zip file is http://www.notetab.net/zip/notebrds.zip,
            but if not, got to my main page and then to the Libraries page
            and look for NoteBoards.

            >>> It seems as though the .LOG function does not work in an
            >>> outline document? I tried with a document I already had
            >>> started as well as a brand new one; didn't work in either.
            >>> Works just fine in a .txt document.

          • Bob L. Cook
            Message 5 of 6 , May 13, 2002
              I am new user of notetab std. I can't seem to get the .LOG function to
              work properly. I want to substitute notetab for notepad, but I need the
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2002
                Hi Bob,

                I'm sorry for your post making it to the list so long after you
                posted it. It was hung at yahoo.

                Are you typing .log on the first line of the file? What is or is
                not happening?