Re: [NTB] RE: closing files that start automatically --- ideas not working!

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
      Diana Ratliff wrote:

      And so I tried
      > the View/Options/General and unchecked the "Reload Open Documents" ... they
      > still open up again anyway. I ALSO get an error message when I open the
      > program that says "Stream read error."
      >
      > I am using NoteTab Light 4.85.
      >
      > Diana Ratliff

      Diana,

      Don't forget, Eric just posted an upgrade 4.86, for NoteTab
      Light. If you haven't already done so, you should download the
      latest version of NoteTab Light, link follows.

      This is the link; http://www.fookes.com/ftp/beta/ntl486pr1.exe

      I've built a simple list of trouble shooting procedures below. I
      hope the list is easy to follow and that I didn't miss anything,
      additions, comments, welcome.

      Trouble-Shooting procedure
      Apply these steps in order given, range from simple to slightly
      aggressive.

      • References to .ini indicate NoteTab.ini or NotePro.ini.
      • Always create a backup copy of the .ini file before proceeding.
      • You may have extensive settings you want to keep, if possible.
      • If you have NoteTab in the system tray, right click the icon
      and
      • choose Close Editor.

      1 Open .ini file in NoteTab.
      • Save As NoteTab.ini.bak or NotePro.ini.bak
      • Check all options under View > Options
      • If not resolved, next step.

      2 Open .ini file in NoteTab.
      • Save file as !NoteTab.ini or !NotePro.ini.
      • Quit NoteTab completely and restart.
      • Restart NoteTab. This will re-initialize the .ini file.
      • Check for problems.
      • If not resolved, next step.

      3 Close NoteTab completely.
      • Using Windows Explorer or other file manager.
      • Delete .ini file.
      • Restart NoteTab.
      • This builds a new .ini
      • Check for problems.
      • If not resolved, next step.

      4 Close NoteTab completely.
      • Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
      • Uninstall/Remove NoteTab
      • Reinstall, Use the latest version if possible.
      • Check for problems
      • ^!Call Jody

      hrs
    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
        Diana Ratliff wrote:

        > and unchecked the "Reload Open Documents" ... they still open up again anyway.
        > I ALSO get an error message when I open the program that says "Stream read error."
        >
        > I am using NoteTab Light 4.85.
        >
        > Diana Ratliff

        Diana,

        I forgot to mention, Favorites, does NoteTab reload favorites if
        that option is selected. I thought if it were always the same
        files, they may be in your Favorites list and you may have - View
        > Options > General tab : Load Favorites on Startup - checked

        hrs