RE: closing files that start automatically --- ideas not working!

  • Diana Ratliff
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2001
      The ideas mentioned earlier to solve my problem do not work. I've ALWAYS
      closed the files before exiting; they open up again anyway. And so I tried
      the View/Options/General and unchecked the "Reload Open Documents" ... they
      still open up again anyway. I ALSO get an error message when I open the
      program that says "Stream read error."

      I am using NoteTab Light 4.85.

      Diana Ratliff
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2001
        Hi Diana,

        If the reopening of files is not cleared when you check to see if
        Load Favorites is checked like Harvey mentioned, then I'd try a
        new ini file. If that does not help and you are continuing to
        get the Stream read error, I'd do a scandisk. If you still have
        problems I'd uninstall NoteTab from your Start | Programs button
        and reinstall which is what LaurieK mentioned. According to Eric
        quite awhile ago, "A 'Stream read error' can occur if there is a
        problem reading data from the disk to NoteTab's memory" and that
        is why I mentioned the scandisk above.