utility to strip rtf code

  • John King
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2001
      I'm using Notetab pro 4.85, and have found the utility to strip html
      code from downloaded pages invaluable. Does anyone know of a
      similar utility to strip the rtf codes from files, to leave a plain text
      file. I haven't been able to find anything in the libraries.

      John King

      john@...
    • Stefan Elssner
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2001
        Hi John,

        >I'm using Notetab pro 4.85, and have found the utility to strip html
        >code from downloaded pages invaluable. Does anyone know of a
        >similar utility to strip the rtf codes from files, to leave a plain text

        Try loading your rtf in any application it might be associated with.
        (Wordpad or, more annoying, Word in most cases.)

        Hit CTRL+A for selecting all of the document.

        Hit CTRL+C for copy it to clipboard.

        Switch to NoteTab.

        Hit CTRL+V to paste - you will get the plain text.

        ;-)

        Alternatively you can do all that with a mouse too. :-)

        Regards,
        Stefan
        --
        stefan elssner --- mailto:elssner@...