note tab pro freezes on file open

  • mcgiddin@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2001
      I have ntp 4.85 installed on a windows 98se system and everytime I
      try to open a file using file->open, the open folder button or ctrl-
      o, ntp locks up. I've tried shutting my system completely down and
      rebooting, I've even tried removing and reinstalling ntp yet nothing
      has seemed to fix this problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2001
        Hi mcgiddin,

        I only have a couple suggestions. Try a new ini file since you
        have already tried a new install. To create a new ini file, close
        NoteTab and rename NotePro.ini found in its main folder
        (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Start up NoteTab and it will use
        its default settings actually creating the ini file when you shut
        down NoteTab.

        I have found at times personally, that I have had double and
        triple copies of devices like printers, drives, mice, etc.
        installed although they do not show up in the Control Panel |
        System | Device Manager on a regular boot up. Try booting up in
        Safe Mode by repeatedly pressing F8 (or hold the Ctrl key down)
        during bootup. I have had my system lock up due to more than one
        mouse "installed." You might try turning down your hardware
        acceleration a notch to see what happens.

        You want to enter the number for Safe Mode (or down arrow to it)
        and press Enter. Click on the OK in the window telling you that
        you are in Safe Mode once Windows starts. Go to the Control
        Panel via the Start button | Settings and double click on the
        System icon. Click on the Device Manager tab and then on the
        mouse item and see if you have more than one of the same
        installed. (You might do that for other devices while you are
        there as well.)

        If you reply, please do so on the NoteTab Off-Topic list. There
        are some sharp system trouble shooters on that list. There is an
        eMail address in my sigline to sign up for it if you already have
        a yahoo account.

        >I have ntp 4.85 installed on a windows 98se system and everytime
        >I try to open a file using file->open, the open folder button or
        >ctrl-o, ntp locks up. I've tried shutting my system completely
        >down and rebooting, I've even tried removing and reinstalling ntp
        >yet nothing has seemed to fix this problem. Anyone have any
        >suggestions?

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List