Re: [NTB] IntelliMouse in Help

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5, 2001
      At 11:05 PM 8/5/01 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hello group-
      >Long time no post. I've got a problem, irritating but not critical.
      >Just installed Microsoft's IntelliMouse Explorer and find that I've
      >lost the wheel response in NoteTab Pro's help. But only the help,
      >not the main app. It only works with the IntelliPoint program
      >running, which I consider a waste of memory. I've spent time
      >updating the driver to ver4.10.2223, to no avail.
      >Searched the Yahoo! Groups archive and found "Intellimouse" info
      >concerning NoteTab, but not specifically it's "help" app.
      >Anyone having similar problems?
      >Running 4.85 NTPro on 98SE.

      I use 4.85 NTPro on 98SE and Microsoft's IntelliMouse Explorer and have no
      problem with the Scroll Wheel working in NoteTab Help IF the page is long
      enough to scroll.

      I can also scroll through the selection boxes in the Index & Find menus,
      again IF there is enough info to allow scrolling.

      I'm using the 3.2 drivers.

      I have mine set to increment 3 lines per click.

      The only suggestion I have is to make sure that the window that you wish to
      scroll is the focused window by left clicking in it before trying to scroll it.

      Regards,

      Jim
    • David
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2001
        Thanks for the suggestions, Jim. I've got the same drivers, set it
        to a 3 line increment. Still nothing, even with focus on a help
        window long enough for scrolling. BTW - it does scroll in the
        Contents and Index sections, but not the Find or the main help
        window. It only works completely when the IntelliPoint program
        (Mousex32.exe) is running at the same time.
        I also tried building a new ini file.
        One thing not done; reinstallation of NTP.
        This isn't really a problem that'll keep me awake all night. I'm
        just addicted to my wheel and feel a little hampered without it.

        -David Talbott

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 2001
          Hi twinlor,

          You need to have the mouse ext3nsion software running. It
          extends the features of the wheel mouse and not just
          configuration software. If you do not run the software (which can
          run in the background - hidden from Taskbar and system tray) you
          will get different results throughout programs in Windows.
          "Help" works fine with my Logitech "mouseware" running with the
          tray icon hidden. I found the same results running Intellipoint
          software with my Logitech, but the Logitech ran better have
          better responses than the MS'.

          >Long time no post. I've got a problem, irritating but not critical.
          >Just installed Microsoft's IntelliMouse Explorer and find that I've
          >lost the wheel response in NoteTab Pro's help. But only the help,
          >not the main app. It only works with the IntelliPoint program
          >running, which I consider a waste of memory. I've spent time
          >updating the driver to ver4.10.2223, to no avail.
          >Searched the Yahoo! Groups archive and found "Intellimouse" info
          >concerning NoteTab, but not specifically it's "help" app.
          >Anyone having similar problems?

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • David Talbott
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
            Hi Jody-
            Thanks for the info.
            I want to continue with this thread a bit more, so I am moving it to
            the Off-Topic list.
            - David Talbott

            > You need to have the mouse ext3nsion software running. It
            > extends the features of the wheel mouse and not just
            > configuration software.
          • Ray Shapp
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
              Where does one find the driver and extension you mentioned for the
              Intellimouse? After I
              download it, which folder should it be stored in?

              Thanks for the help,

              Ray Shapp
              Watchung, NJ
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
                Hi Ray,

                Just install it. If I remember correctly, Windows takes care of
                putting the drivers where it wants them. If it asks for a
                installation folder it is for configuration, so just put it
                wherever you want.

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
                  Hi Jody and Jim,

                  Jody said>>>>Just install it. <<<<<<

                  Where do I find the Intellimouse driver and extensions for downloading?
                  Should I look on the MS site or on Logitech (or elsewhere)? A URL would be
                  most helpful.

                  Thanks for the help,

                  Ray Shapp
                  Watchung, NJ
                • Dennis Cummins
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
                    On Monday, August 06, 2001 at 15:07, Ray Shapp wrote:

                    > Where do I find the Intellimouse driver and extensions for
                    > downloading? Should I look on the MS site or on Logitech (or
                    > elsewhere)? A URL would be most helpful.

                    Have a look here:

                    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/driver/3_2/default.asp

                    Note: The above URL is actually one continuous line and should be
                    entered into your browser's address box as one line.

                    Dennis
                  • Jim Hall
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
                      Ray,

                      At 03:07 PM 8/6/01 -0400, you wrote:
                      >Hi Jody and Jim,
                      >
                      >Jody said>>>>Just install it. <<<<<<
                      >
                      >Where do I find the Intellimouse driver and extensions for downloading?
                      >Should I look on the MS site or on Logitech (or elsewhere)? A URL would be
                      >most helpful.

                      Goto

                      http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/intellimouse3.html

                      For Intellimouse 3.2 Update