Add at right

  • Mars Descent
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2001
      If I have a text file, I can add another text file at the bottom of the
      first. What if I want to add a second file at the right of the first
      one? Say at column position 40.

    • Mars Descent
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2001
        At 04:28 PM 8/5/01 -0500, you wrote:
        >Hi Mars,
        >
        > >If I have a text file, I can add another text file at the bottom
        > >of the first.
        >
        >You can use InsertFile... under the Document menu for that.
        >
        > >What if I want to add a second file at the right of the first
        > >one? Say at column position 40.
        >
        >Use the Modify | Block features for that. Please read the Help
        >section for it so it might spare you some questions and time

        Ah, yes. Had to fiddle with this for a while. And then it works fine. At
        least once. Strangely other times I click Block/Paste, it pastes
        nothing. Finicky.

        Now, about Help, this was on the Notetab page before, but I can't find it
        now. I only found an Outline Help, not the one that loads in Word.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2001
          Hi Mars,

          >If I have a text file, I can add another text file at the bottom
          >of the first.

          You can use InsertFile... under the Document menu for that.

          >What if I want to add a second file at the right of the first
          >one? Say at column position 40.

          Use the Modify | Block features for that. Please read the Help
          section for it so it might spare you some questions and time
          seeing how it works. Try Block in the Find tab in Help and in
          the lower section click on Block submenu. You may need to add
          spaces manually after the first line till you get to column 40
          and then do Block Paste. (Use Block Copy first.

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2001
            Hi Mars,

            >>Use the Modify | Block features for that. Please read the Help
            >>section for it so it might spare you some questions and time
            >
            >Ah, yes. Had to fiddle with this for a while. And then it works
            >fine. At least once. Strangely other times I click Block/Paste,
            >it pastes nothing. Finicky.

            Yes, I see you are right. We will be using a much better input
            control in v5 of NoteTab. Hopefully we will have it so it will
            do multiple pastes in it.

            >Now, about Help, this was on the Notetab page before, but I can't
            >find it now. I only found an Outline Help, not the one that
            >loads in Word.

            Search for Block Copy in Help from the Find tab. Click on Block
            Submenu in the lower part of the dialog.

            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab