Re: [NTB] Re: Web display in NoteTab

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4 5:49 PM
      Janos Gereben wrote:

      > > On the "View" menu choose "Options". There you choose the "Internet
      > Tab".
      > > At top of that window you have "Main Browser" and "Other Browser".
      > Use the
      > > browse disk buttons to find the executables. That's it.
      > >

      > - the display is still all ASCII, including html codes, not what the
      > Webpage should be.

      Hi Janos,

      The code below will display as html when using 'View in
      Browseer'. The necessary step is to save the file to disk with a
      'htm' or 'html' extension, first!

      hrs

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4 7:44 PM
        Hi Harvey and Janos,

        It is not necessary to save the file first. It just needs an
        HTML extension (.htm/.html). NoteTab will send the temporary
        file to the browser, or as you put it Harvey, "Browseer." :-) Try
        Character Conversion. You can also use the first Clip in the
        HTML Library (which is like a template) or the first button on
        the HTML-1 Clipbar. It is actually the first Clip in the HTML
        Library. (You must be in a registered version, or Pro Trial or
        Light using the commercial features to use the Clipbar.)

        L:\notetab\html\efo~9.htm

        That is for local files of course. You should put at the minimum:

        <head>
        <title>Name of Page</title>
        </head>

        text (and tags).

        >> > On the "View" menu choose "Options". There you choose the
        >> > "Internet Tab". At top of that window you have "Main Browser"
        >> > and "Other Browser". Use the browse disk buttons to find the
        >> > executables. That's it. - the display is still all ASCII,
        >> > including html codes, not what the Webpage should be.
        >>
        >Hi Janos,
        >
        >The code below will display as html when using 'View in
        >Browseer'. The necessary step is to save the file to disk with a
        >'htm' or 'html' extension, first!

        >> <P>
        >> Rosenberg is trying to comfort her future constituency by "not setting
        >> out to convert San Francisco to <B>Luigi Nono</B> just yet." Rosenberg
        >> and Midgette probably don't realize that in staid old San Francisco, a
        >> certain <B>Michael Tilson Thomas</B> has already foisted Nono and even
        >> more contemporary composers on the defenseless city, and for sold-out
        >> performances at that, in Davies Hall, just across the street from the
        >> War Memorial.
        >> <P>

        Happy HTML'n!

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4 7:53 PM
          Hi Janos,

          I forgot to answer your question. You do not need any other
          product to construct web pages. NoteTab makes it very simple to
          convert .txt files to .htm using the Modify menu (or the Tools on
          the Toolbar/Shortcut menu via Options). Additionally, you can
          use Templates like the first Clip in the HTML file and/or Clips
          to format a .txt file into HTML. I assumed the first Clip was a
          regular HTML type Clip and not a Template - oops!-)

          It is not necessary to save the file first. It just needs an
          HTML extension (.htm/.html). NoteTab will send the temporary
          file to the browser, or as you put it Harvey, "Browseer." :-) Try
          Character Conversion. You can also use the first Clip in the
          HTML Library (which *IS* a template) or the first button on
          the HTML-1 Clipbar. It is actually the first Clip in the HTML
          Library. (You must be in a registered version, or Pro Trial or
          Light using the commercial features to use the Clipbar.)

          L:\notetab\html\efo~9.htm

          Happy HTML'n!

          The NoteTab and Html List...
        • Don Passenger
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4 10:42 PM
            You might find this helpful if you are just getting started using notetab
            for html creation.

            ---
            Don Passenger
            mailto:dpasseng@...
            personal: http://www.iserv.net/~dpasseng
            work: http://www.grcourt.org
            > I forgot to answer your question. You do not need any other
            > product to construct web pages. snip
          • Don Passenger
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4 10:48 PM
              actually that won't be helpful at all