Re: Web display in NoteTab

  • Janos Gereben
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2001
      Lotta, I followed your very simple and effective instructions -

      > >Tools/View in Browser - to see coded copy displayed, however
      nothing seems
      > >to happen when I do that. You
      > >mentioned configuring the browser - can you say more about that?
      >
      > Sure. For me NoteTab picks up the system default browser as first
      browser
      > (View in Browser) but I have to configure the other. Anyway, do
      this:

      > On the "View" menu choose "Options". There you choose the "Internet
      Tab".
      > At top of that window you have "Main Browser" and "Other Browser".
      Use the
      > browse disk buttons to find the executables. That's it.

      - the display is still all ASCII, including html codes, not what the
      Webpage should be. I guess what's missing is the header you usually
      see on the top of Webpages? I am producing coded text in NoteTab, like
      below, and my question is if this can be displayed without going
      through HoTMetaL or a similar app. Many thanks, Janos

      <P>
      Rosenberg is trying to comfort her future constituency by "not setting
      out to convert San Francisco to <B>Luigi Nono</B> just yet." Rosenberg
      and Midgette probably don't realize that in staid old San Francisco, a
      certain <B>Michael Tilson Thomas</B> has already foisted Nono and even
      more contemporary composers on the defenseless city, and for sold-out
      performances at that, in Davies Hall, just across the street from the
      War Memorial.
      <P>
      <CENTER><B>& & &</B></CENTER>
      <P>
      <B>(Mis)conducting Money</B>
      <P>
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Janos Gereben/SF
      janos451@...
    • Janos Gereben
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2001
        YES. That simple, obvious step was all standing between me and
        success. You're terrific, and I am grateful. Janos.
        > Hi Janos,
        >
        > >- the display is still all ASCII, including html codes, not what
        the
        > >Webpage should be. I guess what's missing is the header you usually
        > >see on the top of Webpages? I am producing coded text in NoteTab,
        like
        > >below, and my question is if this can be displayed without going
        > >through HoTMetaL or a similar app. Many thanks, Janos
        >
        > No, it should display even without the HTML, HEAD and BODY bits,
        even if I
        > wouldn't recommend putting it on the web like that<G>.
        > Ahem, have you saved the document as .html? That's usually the
        reason that
        > the browser shows it the way you describe it. It can open a .txt
        document
        > so it does - as text.
        > Could that be it?
        >
        > Lotta