Web display in NoteTab

  • Janos Gereben
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2001
      Thank you for the suggestion - Tools/View in Browser - to see coded
      copy displayed, however nothing seems to happen when I do that. You
      mentioned configuring the browser - can you say more about that? Many
      thanks, Janos

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Janos Gereben/SF
      janos451@...
    • Janos Gereben
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2001
        Lotta, I followed your very simple and effective instructions -

        > >Tools/View in Browser - to see coded copy displayed, however
        nothing seems
        > >to happen when I do that. You
        > >mentioned configuring the browser - can you say more about that?
        >
        > Sure. For me NoteTab picks up the system default browser as first
        browser
        > (View in Browser) but I have to configure the other. Anyway, do
        this:

        > On the "View" menu choose "Options". There you choose the "Internet
        Tab".
        > At top of that window you have "Main Browser" and "Other Browser".
        Use the
        > browse disk buttons to find the executables. That's it.

        - the display is still all ASCII, including html codes, not what the
        Webpage should be. I guess what's missing is the header you usually
        see on the top of Webpages? I am producing coded text in NoteTab, like
        below, and my question is if this can be displayed without going
        through HoTMetaL or a similar app. Many thanks, Janos

        <P>
        Rosenberg is trying to comfort her future constituency by "not setting
        out to convert San Francisco to <B>Luigi Nono</B> just yet." Rosenberg
        and Midgette probably don't realize that in staid old San Francisco, a
        certain <B>Michael Tilson Thomas</B> has already foisted Nono and even
        more contemporary composers on the defenseless city, and for sold-out
        performances at that, in Davies Hall, just across the street from the
        War Memorial.
        <P>
        <CENTER><B>& & &</B></CENTER>
        <P>
        <B>(Mis)conducting Money</B>
        <P>
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Janos Gereben/SF
        janos451@...
      • Janos Gereben
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2001
          YES. That simple, obvious step was all standing between me and
          success. You're terrific, and I am grateful. Janos.
          > Hi Janos,
          >
          > >- the display is still all ASCII, including html codes, not what
          the
          > >Webpage should be. I guess what's missing is the header you usually
          > >see on the top of Webpages? I am producing coded text in NoteTab,
          like
          > >below, and my question is if this can be displayed without going
          > >through HoTMetaL or a similar app. Many thanks, Janos
          >
          > No, it should display even without the HTML, HEAD and BODY bits,
          even if I
          > wouldn't recommend putting it on the web like that<G>.
          > Ahem, have you saved the document as .html? That's usually the
          reason that
          > the browser shows it the way you describe it. It can open a .txt
          document
          > so it does - as text.
          > Could that be it?
          >
          > Lotta