Re: [NTB] Dictionary?

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 26 3:14 PM
      Hi Mars,

      Find the location of your currently used NoteTab by looking at
      your shortcut you might be starting it with and install the
      dictionaries there or by searching. If the shortcut is on your
      desktop you can right click over it and choose Properties... If
      you are in Win98 (and I suppose above) and you have the shortcut
      on your Start | Program's menu, you can right click over it there
      else go into Windows Explorer and get the path.

      > I think Jody's idea was a good clue. It seems like the
      > dictionaries may have been installed with an obsolete Notetab
      > installation. Notetab dictionaries is listed under Control
      > Panel Installed Programs list. But the obsolete Notetab is
      > not.

      Happy Tab'n,
      Jody Adair

      NoteTab Text Editors The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
      http://www.notetab.com http://www.notetab.net

      Testimonials
      http://www.notetab.com/testimonials.htm
    • Mars Descent

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 26 9:01 PM
          Hi Mars,

          >Ok, here we go now. If the Spellchecker encounters a 'teh' can I
          >tell it to always provide 'the' as the prodominant replacement?

          Spell check "teh" and use the for the replacement, then click on
          Auto-Correct. (Open your spell checker and press Help. There is
          content sensitive help for you there - click on a button and it
          tells you what it does.) The following is also on the same page:

          "The Auto-Correct button adds the words in the "Not Found" edit
          field and the "Replace With" edit field to the current user
          dictionary (specified in the Configuration) as an auto-correct
          pair. Any future occurrence of the presumed misspelled word will
          then be replaced with the correct spelling automatically. This
          is useful for common spelling mistakes, such as recieve:receive
          and teh:the."

          >Can you tell Notetab to ignore repeated words, because they're
          >not really repeated as punctuation separates them. Word doesn't
          >pick on these parts.

          No, not at this time. You could probably add some to the Auto-
          Correct Library.

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • Mars Descent