Re: [NTB]Search & Replace | Search Disk, File Limitations (was bugs!)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2001
      Hi Sean,

      >Eeek! My NoteTab Pro is misbehaving!
      >
      >Lately I've been finding it difficult to convince NoteTab to do
      >multiple file search-and-replace. Granted, I have 167 files open,
      >but I didn't read anything about it being limited in how many
      >files it can process. Any pointers?

      I believe the amount of files opened is unlimited in theory, but
      when taking the computer into account with it, who knows.
      Likewise, NoteTab Std/Light can open a 2GB file in theory, but I
      don't think you will find your every day computer opening one
      that big, let alone editing it. (I did not test that <g>)

      You may have better results using Search Disk. I normally have a
      backup when doing anything major with it. I normally will do the
      Search and then click on a few of the files having the search
      criteria stepping through the replacing after they are opened.
      Once satisfied I go for them all. I've done as many as 1600 HTML
      files in one shot on my old 486dx80. It started lagging about
      half way through to about one second per file, but it did finish
      without err.

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab