Re: [NTB] How to take out line returns?

  • Dr. Paul Harder
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2001
      On Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:59:22 -0700, Janos Gereben wrote:

      > I don't see the necessary tools in Replace to change formatting in a
      > document. Also, is there a way to show embedded characters, such as
      > paragraph marks?

      Janos:

      First, the quick answer: Yes, you can show non-printing characters. I
      think this is only in NoteTab Pro (not Light or Std), but there's a
      "Nonprinting Text" option in the View menu, or you can toggle it on and
      off with Shift+F12.

      There are several ways to reformat text to remove line feeds.

      If you highlight the text and press Ctrl-J, it will all be joined
      together into one or more lines. If you had any blank lines embedded in
      the range you highlighted, they'll remain blank lines. But contiguous
      nonblank lines will be joined.

      If you highlight a range of text and press Ctrl-Shift-M, you'll get a
      more general reformat dialog, which will prompt you for the left margin
      and the width. For example, if you want all lines to be indented 10
      spaces and be at most 50 characters wide, put in those two numbers and
      that's what you'll get. Again, if there are blank lines in the
      selection, they'll remain in the result.

      More automatically, if you go to the top of the document and press
      Ctrl-R to replace text, you can enter ^p or ^P as the search text, and
      enter either nothing or a space character as the replacement text. Then
      press Alt-A to replace all occurrences.

      Regards,
      Paul

      Dr. Paul Harder Houston, Texas, USA pharder@...