Re: [NTB] Totally CLUELESS

  • Clueless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2001
      LaurieK wrote:

      > Can someone, maybe Jody, maybe a kind user take 30 minutes :) I need help, to email me and tell me what I am missing with the use of the Clip Libraries.. PLEASE????

      Why don't you try subscribing to the NoteTab lists devoted to clips:

      http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clips
      http://www.egroups.com/list/ntb-clipclass

      I have to admit that I've been using NoteTab for years, but I have yet
      to try to figure out how the clips work, but I bet you will get lots of
      help on those lists.
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2001
        Hi Laurie,

        One neat feature in NTP is the Paste Board. Open a new document in NTP then
        click Document | Use as Paste Board. Now anything you copy will accumulate
        in that new document. As you read your email, you can press Ctrl-A to
        select the entire message or use your mouse to select only the desired part,
        then press Ctrl-C. Do this repeatedly and it will all appear in that new
        document. The keyboard shortcut for using a document as Paste Board is to
        press Shft-Ctrl-P.

        Although a clip might be written to accumulate all your received email into
        a text document, it could grow to unmanageable size. The method above
        allows you to be selective, especially if you use one of the email rules in
        Outlook Express to segregate your mail into separate folders. You might
        also want to look at Mailbag Assistant for more options.

        I've been using NTP for two years and I'm still a novice. This program is
        not just deep, it's PROFOUND.

        By the way, what's "old"? I've been finding that my definition of "old"
        keeps changing as the decades go by...

        Ray Shapp
        Watchung, NJ
      • Mars Descent
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 25, 2001
          At 01:45 AM 7/21/01 -0400, you wrote:
          >Hi Laurie,
          >
          >One neat feature in NTP is the Paste Board. Open a new document in NTP then
          >click Document | Use as Paste Board. Now anything you copy will accumulate
          >in that new document. As you read your email, you can press Ctrl-A to
          >select the entire message or use your mouse to select only the desired part,
          >then press Ctrl-C.

          I used to try that will URLs. Only thing was, they kept getting pasted on
          the end. Which kind of defeated the categories I was trying to arrange.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 25, 2001
            Hi Mars and Laurie,

            You can configure your Pasteboard divider under the Tools tab in Options. If I am reading you correctly, you only need to open it, place your cursor at the end of the last line, and press Enter.

            >>One neat feature in NTP is the Paste Board. Open a new document in NTP then
            >>click Document | Use as Paste Board. Now anything you copy will accumulate
            >>in that new document. As you read your email, you can press Ctrl-A to
            >>select the entire message or use your mouse to select only the desired part,
            >>then press Ctrl-C.
            >
            >I used to try that will URLs. Only thing was, they kept getting pasted on
            >the end. Which kind of defeated the categories I was trying to arrange.

            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
          • Mars Descent
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4 2:52 AM
              At 11:46 PM 7/25/01 -0500, you wrote:
              >Hi Mars and Laurie,
              >
              >You can configure your Pasteboard divider under the Tools tab in
              >Options. If I am reading you correctly, you only need to open it, place
              >your cursor at the end of the last line, and press Enter.

              Whatever you'd do with this divider, whenever I paste, it always pastes at
              the end of the Pasteboard document, not at the cursor position.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 4 11:58 AM
                Hi Mars and Laurie,

                NoteTab's Paste-Board always appends the copied/cut text to the
                bottom of the file regardless of the cursor position. You can
                change/edit your Paste-Board Divider in Options under the Tools
                tab.

                I have a Library called Note Boards. It has about six different
                ways of capturing text such as to an Outline, page name followed
                by its link, printing... I think you can get it from my
                Libraries page if this is not the correct link:

                http://www.notetab.net/zip/notebrds.zip