NTP 485 trial version differs from commercial version ?

  • 009@telia.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2001
      What is the difference between the NTB 485 trial version and the commercial
      version ?

      Happy Note Tab`n
      John
      009@...
      Sweden
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2001
        At 12:28 AM 07/07/2001 +0200, 009@... wrote:
        >What is the difference between the NTB 485 trial version and the commercial
        >version ?

        I offer, for your consideration, a chart found on the http://notetab.com/
        site <http://notetab.com/chart.htm>.

        Julie

        ___
        Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows.
        - Helen Keller
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2001
          Hi Julie and John,

          >> What is the difference between the NTB 485 trial version and
          >> the commercial version ?
          >
          >I offer, for your consideration, a chart found on the http://notetab.com/
          >site <http://notetab.com/chart.htm>.

          It is also in the Help file under Comparison Chart. This is it
          following with a few of my comments first. BTW, I just type
          "compare" into Eudora and copy it. What you see below is sent to
          Eudora form NoteTab. Don't bother trying on your machine. You
          need a certain Clipbook to do it with. ;)

          Main advantages of NoteTab Pro over NoteTab Std:

          Speed
          Very fast "Replace All" command
          URL and HTML-tag highlighting
          Multiple-level undo/redo
          Option to show nonprinting characters
          Edit and easily create Outline Documents
          Convert tabs to spaces
          Bookmarks
          Wrap to column in real time
          Line-number ruler
          Choice between real/fixed/smart tabs

          Main advantages of NoteTab Std over NoteTab Pro:

          Works better with Asian languages
          Can use variable width fonts in document window
          Multiple tabulator settings (Distance between tab stops)
          16 MB paragraph size

          Comparison Chart

          NoteTab Pro NoteTab Std NoteTab Light
          General speed Very fast Average Average
          "Replace All" speed Very fast Average to slow Average to slow
          Show nonprinting characters Yes No No
          Multiple-level undo/redo Yes No No
          Bookmarks Yes No No
          URL and HTML highlighting Yes No No
          Use OEM fonts Yes No No
          Use variable-width fonts No Yes Yes
          Spell checker + thesaurus Yes Yes No
          Drag-and-drop editing Yes Yes Yes
          Disk Search & Replace Yes Yes Replace only during trial mode
          Supports Perl & Gawk Yes Yes Only during trial mode
          Programmable Yes Yes Partially
          Read & write EBCDIC Yes Yes Read (Write in trial mode)
          Read & write outline files Yes Yes Read (Write in trial mode)
          Multiple tabulator settings No Yes Yes
          Can wrap text to column Yes Not in real time Not in real time
          Show line numbers Yes No No
          Maximum file size 2 GB 2 GB 2GB
          Maximum paragraph size 32 KB 16 MB 16 MB
          Cost (in USD) $19.95 $9.95 Free

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2001
            John,

            >What is the difference between the NTB 485 trial version and the commercial
            >version ?

            That you haven't paid anything yet and that it will expire. If you are
            referring Pro it will stop to work after 30 days (?) and if you are trying
            out Light in Standard mode it will revert to Light after 30 days (?).
            Neither is as far as I know feature limited.

            Lotta

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6, 2001
              Hi Lotta and John,

              Both Pro Trial and Light with commercial features turned on
              (which makes it Std for 30 days) do have a limitation that is
              different from the registered versions. Both are minus the Spell
              Checker and Thesaurus.

            • jehall@jimbow.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 6, 2001
                --- In notetab@y..., 009@t... wrote:
                > What is the difference between the NTB 485 trial version and the
                commercial
                > version ?

                The registered version adds a thesaurus and a multilingual spell
                checker.

                Jim