Re: [NTB] Help files as cleas as mud

  • Stephen Riddle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 12:10 AM
      Hi John,
      I just did this and have no trouble understanding it.
      Did you actually try it?
      Here is what I did.

      I clicked on the tools menu.
      I selected Clipbook.
      I Then selected New Library.

      NoteTab created a document called Clip01.clb.
      All it contained was this text:
      = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

      I assume Eric is an intelligent person. He wrote this application all
      by himself after all.
      The only vague thing I've noticed so far is I don't know what a header
      is, but since the only thing in the document is "= V5 MultiLine
      NoSorting TabWidth=30"
      I added the word "Outline" to it so it looked like this:
      = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30 Outline

      Next I copied some random stuff into the document.
      Here and there I added stuff in the format
      H="Blah.blah.blah"
      (This is what you do for clip libraries.)
      (If you doubt me, open one.)
      Then I saved the document (Clip01.clb) as "temp.otl".
      You seem to be having a problem with this. It must be your operating
      system.
      If you cant change the extension to .otl in the Save As dialog, surely
      you can rename it using explorer.
      Then I reloaded the document (what is now "temp.otl") and voila! an
      outline document.
      Perfectly clear to me, but then again I have faith in Eric.
      Would you like me to take some screen shots of what I'm doing and post
      them on the web somewhere. It's possible a picture is worth a couple of
      words.
      Good Luck,
      Stephen