Re: [NTB] Emailing from Note Tab Pro

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 2, 2001
      Hi Alec,

      >Seems to me there was a "simple" method which got overlooked:
      >(the response from J.E.HALL <jehall@...> came closest.

      I don't think it got overlooked so much, as there were just other
      methods posted than File | Send (or the shortcut/toolbar
      options). File | Send does not work if the mail program does not
      support MAPI. You are right though for somebody that is perhaps
      new to computers or NoteTab unless you went into detail about
      other methods. I still think a Clip is best to use though
      because it can be done with a click (if you have "Single click to
      Execute" checked under Clipbook in Options) or put it on the
      Clipbar. (I'll send you a Clip Alec, so you can see what I am
      talking about in case you do not know how to do it.)

      You or others can look at an example Eric made if you download
      the TxtPrint Library he made to print using TxtPrint10, a nice
      small freeware printing utility. The Clips would basically be
      the same except instead of printing the selected text the Send
      command would be used. It all can be done with one Clip now. I
      think Eric made the Library before we got a command to be able to
      do it in one Clip. The link to his Library consisting of a
      couple of Clips can be downloaded from:

      TxtPrint.zip; 25 Oct 00; Fookes Software
      Do print previews from NoteTab (requires TxtPrint)

      http://www.notetab.com/libraries.htm links to:
      http://www.notetab.com/utilities.htm

      The link to text print is in the Library. Please sign up for the
      Clips list if you need to discuss the Clips or want a single Clip
      that can be put on your default Clipbar if you are in a
      registered version of NoteTab.

      >There is now need for an "actual" intermediate file if we do the
      >following:
      >(1) put SendTo on the context menu
      >(2) Select and then [copy] desired text in the file being edited.
      >(3) Click "new" file
      >(4) Click "paste"
      >(5) rClick and then click sent-to
      >At least for me the selected text (ie. the entire contents of the
      >"new" buffer comes up in Outlook Express. Isn't that close enough?

      Happy Clip'n!

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips