Re: [NTB] Emailing from Note Tab Pro

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 2 3:24 PM
      Sorry, I'm coming late to this thread (I've been auto-saving and finally
      found time to start reviewing them)
      This thread started back on Jun 12 w/question from John Engel
      <009@...>
      Original question was
      >>I would like to send an email directly from Note Tab by highlighting the
      text and then click on some command that would place the text into my
      Outlook Express, Eudora or whatever. Is this possible ?<<
      We started discussing intermediate files and then some fairly exotic clips
      (to which John) suggested this was "too complicated".
      Seems to me there was a "simple" method which got overlooked: (the response
      from J.E.HALL <jehall@...> came closest. There is now need for an
      "actual" intermediate file if we do the following:
      (1) put SendTo on the context menu
      (2) Select and then [copy] desired text in the file being edited.
      (3) Click "new" file
      (4) Click "paste"
      (5) rClick and then click sent-to
      At least for me the selected text (ie. the entire contents of the "new"
      buffer comes up in Outlook Express.
      Isn't that close enough?
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 2 9:55 PM
        Hi Alec,

        >Seems to me there was a "simple" method which got overlooked:
        >(the response from J.E.HALL <jehall@...> came closest.

        I don't think it got overlooked so much, as there were just other
        methods posted than File | Send (or the shortcut/toolbar
        options). File | Send does not work if the mail program does not
        support MAPI. You are right though for somebody that is perhaps
        new to computers or NoteTab unless you went into detail about
        other methods. I still think a Clip is best to use though
        because it can be done with a click (if you have "Single click to
        Execute" checked under Clipbook in Options) or put it on the
        Clipbar. (I'll send you a Clip Alec, so you can see what I am
        talking about in case you do not know how to do it.)

        You or others can look at an example Eric made if you download
        the TxtPrint Library he made to print using TxtPrint10, a nice
        small freeware printing utility. The Clips would basically be
        the same except instead of printing the selected text the Send
        command would be used. It all can be done with one Clip now. I
        think Eric made the Library before we got a command to be able to
        do it in one Clip. The link to his Library consisting of a
        couple of Clips can be downloaded from:

        TxtPrint.zip; 25 Oct 00; Fookes Software
        Do print previews from NoteTab (requires TxtPrint)

        http://www.notetab.com/libraries.htm links to:
        http://www.notetab.com/utilities.htm

        The link to text print is in the Library. Please sign up for the
        Clips list if you need to discuss the Clips or want a single Clip
        that can be put on your default Clipbar if you are in a
        registered version of NoteTab.

        >There is now need for an "actual" intermediate file if we do the
        >following:
        >(1) put SendTo on the context menu
        >(2) Select and then [copy] desired text in the file being edited.
        >(3) Click "new" file
        >(4) Click "paste"
        >(5) rClick and then click sent-to
        >At least for me the selected text (ie. the entire contents of the
        >"new" buffer comes up in Outlook Express. Isn't that close enough?

        Happy Clip'n!

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips