Re: [NTB] Notetab files don't load

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hi Lotta and Mars,

      >> I downloaded some Outline files. Unzipped, it presents the
      >> file. I double-click on it, but it does not load.
      >
      >Sounds like .otl for some reason isn't associated with NTB. Go to
      >Options | Associations There you find a list of all files
      >associated with NTB so far.

      NoteTab does not automatically (by option) associate files
      anymore. The following is why if you feel like reading it.

      Long time users of NoteTab using the same INI file for years may
      have a list put in Options under Associations by NoteTab when the
      user chose to do so upon installation of the program (or just
      manually added them over time). The option during installation
      caused too many problem reports to come in because new computer
      users answered "Yes" without knowing what they answered "Yes" to.
      A lot of the complaints were something like: NoteTab has a virus;
      it took over my computer! They were referring to the association
      icon on their .txt, .ini, etc. files. The "red" icon was all
      over their desktop. While those of you that have a bit of
      experience might chuckle at that, it was a "serious problem" to a
      new computer user, especially when they would delete NoteTab's
      directory to try to get rid of the "virus." Of course you know
      there was no virus or problems to begin with. ;) Anyway, the
      short of it is Eric remove that option from the installation
      program.

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Mars Descent
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001