Re: [NTB] Sofware engineer wages drop

  • DA
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2001
      Hi,

      > I always said that softwares are most of the time too complicated, there
      > are too many variations on the same thing and few standards, and computers
      > are costing more money in handling them than buying them. People have
      > become fed up with all these tricks that programmers have in mind, tending
      > to make things more complicated than they need to be.

      I too get disgusted with the complexity of today's software. You are right
      about the complexity, but Don't blame only the programmers. In my case
      management and end users often ask for things that they don't need or they
      don't understand the complexity created by what they are asking for. I
      cannot refuse if management insists because they perceive that the end user
      must have a particular feature. Believe it or not, most programmers do
      their best to simplify their programs, but they have to do this within the
      constraints put on them by the boss, the end user, time, money and the
      operating systems the program must run on.

      DA
    • Stephen Riddle
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2001
        NoteTab is as cool as sliced bread and all the little complications just
        as necessary. I have not yet found anything which I felt was
        extranuous.
        But yes,
        My hourly wage sucks!
        Stephen
        (Course I'm just a New-Kid-On-The-Block-Web-Page-Designer)