BEFORE YOU READ ANY OTHER MESSAGE FROM ME

  • Janos G.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2001
      Do NOT to open attachments to mail from me generated by the BADTRANS virus
      Friday and Saturday. The forwarding is something I had no control over -
      it's a function of the worm itself - but I apologize anyway because of my
      stupidity to open the attachment in the first place.

      The infected messages show the subject line and the top of a message I sent
      months ago, and at the end, it suggests that you open the attachment, which
      has a .pif extension. If you do, the worm will start sending out itself from
      your mailbox. Delete the message without opening the attachment.

      A current Norton AV stops the infection, but apparently McAfee doesn't.
      F-Secure says it does, but mine didn't.

      Janos Gereben/SF
      janos451@...