Using NT as a Perl editor

  • westerman@chanuteks.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2001
      I'm just getting started learning Perl. I am running Win 2000 Pro. I
      installed IndigoPerl into C:\perl directory. It is a binary build of
      Perl 5.6 for Win32 with an integrated Apache webserver.

      http://www.indigostar.com/indigoperl.htm

      Using NoteTab 4.85 as an editor, can I run scripts right from NT or
      do I have to save the file and then open and run in a terminal or web
      browser as a seperate step?

      I've played around with Optiperl's perl editor. It has ability to do
      a live preview of the scripts in the internal web browser.

      http://www.xarka.com/optiperl/features.html
      http://www.xarka.com/optiperl/

      Is it possible to do something similar with NoteTab?

      I welcome email from anyone using NT as a Perl editor. I very much
      need to find a patient mentor. :-)

      Thanks

      Craig ><>
      westerman@...