Temporarily Moving Notetab Files

  • james.homme@highmark.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
      Hi,
      Someone may soon be coming around to update my computer. How can I
      temperarily move the dictionary, library and other files Notetab uses
      and tell notetab to use the files in those new locations so I don't
      have to keep backing up clip libraries, templates and all that stuff.

      Thanks
      Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
        Hi Jim,

        Some of the file paths you can edit in NoteTab. Favorites is one
        of them. The ini file may have some. The Spell checker does
        too. You might look into getting COA32 which will do your drive
        letter/paths that have registry entries and shortcuts, and a few
        more. Search PC Magazine/ZDNet for it.

        >Someone may soon be coming around to update my computer. How can
        >I temperarily move the dictionary, library and other files
        >Notetab uses and tell notetab to use the files in those new
        >locations so I don't have to keep backing up clip libraries,
        >templates and all that stuff.
        >
        >Thanks
        >Jim

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Harvey R. Savage
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
          Jody wrote:

          > Hi Jim,
          > You might look into getting COA32 which will do your drive
          > letter/paths that have registry entries and shortcuts, and a few
          > more. Search PC Magazine/ZDNet for it.
          >
          > >Someone may soon be coming around to update my computer. How can
          > >I temperarily move the dictionary, library and other files
          > >Notetab uses and tell notetab to use the files in those new
          > >locations so I don't have to keep backing up clip libraries,
          > >templates and all that stuff.
          > >
          > >Thanks
          > >Jim
          >
          > Happy NoteTab'n,
          > Jody Adair

          Jody, there is an updated version of COA32 available, the link
          is;

          http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/stories/solutions/0,8224,2716114,00.html

          The updated version is called COA2, VERSION 1.

          hrs