Re: [NTB] Can Reopen list be turned off? (and extra questions)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
      >That would only work for the first time (or more if no files were opened).
      I hadn't realized that my "Pasteboard" editor was capable of maintaining its
      own list (mostly becuase I've got in the habit of only using it for stuff
      like checking out "read-me's" or .ini's or binaries and these I was always
      closing manually). I'd suggest putting the [Close-All] next to the [Exit}
      button on the tool-bar but this wouldn't address Alan's original desire to
      easily "conceal" from the next user of his 'puter what files were being
      edited by the previous user. Getting even more outlandish - he could have a
      Dos shortcut which deletes his .ini and renames a backup copy to get used
      the next time. Put it in QuickLaunch and click it whenever he leaves the
      computer.

      On related question (to me anyway) two things I haven't been able to get
      quite right:
      1. I launch both editors in Startup. I have my "main" edior's shortcut set
      to start minimized in the taskbar. The "pasteboard" editor gets sent to the
      Systray (with the nice "clipboard" icon instead of the Swiss Flag). This
      part works great.

      My problem is I haven't found an option to make "thePasteboard" startup with
      "use as pasteboard" already set. (I have to remember to either "open" it
      from sysTray and click the pasteboard toolbutton, or rClick it in sysTray
      and set the pasteboard option there). Am I missing something or is this
      just not possible.

      2. I have shortcuts to both my "main"editor and my "pasteboard"editor set up
      in SendTo. Regardless of which one I send-to, it (the file I'm "sending"),
      comes up in the main editor. It's almost as if the "target" command-line
      doesn't get processed! Again, what am I missing?

      2a) (I promise - I'll stop here;=). Is there any way to make Explorer-SendTo
      availableon rClick context menu (ie. at the file-tab) from inside NoteTab.
      Even if it had to work on the "on-disk" last saved copy as opposed to the
      "in-memory" it would be quite useful.

      Regards ... Alec
        > The "pasteboard" editor gets sent to the Systray (with the nice
        > "clipboard" icon instead of the Swiss Flag).

        You mean that is not the American Red Cross flag? :-)

        >My problem is I haven't found an option to make "thePasteboard"
        >startup with "use as pasteboard" already set. (I have to
        >remember to either "open" it from sysTray and click the
        >pasteboard toolbutton, or rClick it in sysTray and set the
        >pasteboard option there). Am I missing something or is this just
        >not possible.

        If you leave it set when you close the program, it will be active
        when you startup the next time.

        >2. I have shortcuts to both my "main"editor and my "pasteboard"
        >editor set up in SendTo. Regardless of which one I send-to, it
        >(the file I'm "sending"), comes up in the main editor. It's
        >almost as if the "target" command-line doesn't get processed!
        >Again, what am I missing?

        Just by what you wrote it appears that the file should open in
        your PasteBoard version when you use that shortcut. Make sure
        you have the path right. I did not check here to see how it is
        working.

        >2a) (I promise - I'll stop here;=). Is there any way to make
        >Explorer-SendTo availableon rClick context menu (ie. at the file-
        >tab) from inside NoteTab. Even if it had to work on the "on-disk"
        >last saved copy as opposed to the "in-memory" it would be quite
        >useful.

        No, there's not, but you can do a Save as or an Export. It would
        be best to put at least the Save As on the Clipbar so you could
        have the script do the Save As, Closed the new Save As file and
        open the one you originally had it focused.

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
          >>>2a) (I promise - I'll stop here;=). Is there any way to make
          >Explorer-SendTo available on rClick context menu (ie. at the file-
          >tab) from inside NoteTab. Even if it had to work on the "on-disk"
          >last saved copy as opposed to the "in-memory" it would be quite
          >useful.

          No, there's not, but you can do a Save as or an Export. It would
          be best to put at least the Save As on the Clipbar so you could
          have the script do the Save As, Closed the new Save As file and
          open the one you originally had it focused.
          <<

          I'd been trying to get as familiar as possible with the "native" capabilities of NoteTab before trying to teach myself ANY clipbook programming. From past experience with other script tools I've learned how much time I can waste trying to do something "by hand" only to look up after two or three days, and discover the "easy" way I'd overlooked. I guess I'll see ya on the clip-list ;==) (I've been monitoring it without actually doing more than glance at the code. I'm very impressed with how helpful everyone is)

          The above will make a good second or third project - assuming I don't get myself distracted by the hundred other things I'm trying to do simultaneously!

          Regards ... Alec
            >I'd been trying to get as familiar as possible with the "native"
            >capabilities of NoteTab before trying to teach myself ANY
            >clipbook programming. From past experience with other script
            >tools I've learned how much time I can waste trying to do
            >something "by hand" only to look up after two or three days, and
            >discover the "easy" way I'd overlooked.

            That is true. What I like about making short Clips to do a
            feature that we already have is I can "fine tune" the script
            making the feature fit my needs or personal preferences better.
            I have a number of those custom features on a few Clipbars.

            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab